586,125 active members*
3,029 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: New Install

New Install

A few days ago I downloaded Mach3 and all the PDF manuals to start familiarizing with it. The installer installed 4 shortcut icons in my desktop: Mach3Loader, Mach3Plasma, Mach3Mill & Mach3Turn.

At first glance, they all look alike to me except the Mach3Turn. Is there any major difference between them? I plan to use it for a router machine which I’m in the process to build.

The Mach3 is installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop for now (no parallel printer port). My laptop is more convenient to study the software and learn all the menus / commands etc. When I’m ready, I will install it on another older Dell laptop I have which it has a parallel port and this will be my control computer.

Last night I decided and bought from cnc4PV.com the licence for the Mach3. I did not receive it yet but I was told that I should in a couple of hours. Is there a problem to install the licence on my 6400 laptop and latter transfer it to my control laptop?

Nicolas

You'll want to use Mach3Mill for a router.

As for the license, it's just a file that you copy into the Mach3 folder. Shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

IIRC if you are not using Mach3 for profit/comercial use, then you can personally have as many copies in use with the same liscense file.
    Art and now brian are very generous in the way it is liscensed.

They are in the process of changing how the liscensing is actually done, but they have said it will be just as generous. The change is to prevent people from buying one copy/liscense and then selling it all over the world.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Thank you Gerry