586,798 active members*
2,980 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HARDINGE BAR FEEDER

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlG-42Ge3E4"]YouTube - CNC BAR FEEDER[/ame]

MY CNC BAR FEEDER ON A SUPERSLANT HARDINGE PATENT PENDING

Adjustable Dia?

Will this design accommodate different diameter stock sizes?

Jim

ADJUSTMENT

Thanks for the reply.
    The device has collars that adjust rollors smaller to the different size bars this one goes from 1.375 down to .375
    Two different models use either direct bar contact or for hex stock a driven tube with liners.
    This has been run now up to 4000 rpm in direct bar contact type.
    The next model will have more rollers and support to floor, guards, this one is just for the patent office, anyway I think we are going to make these as there is a lot of intrest.
    It sure is nice to use SIX FOOT BARS
    Reguards
    Alan Hiiesalu
    Thoroughbred Precision

Just happen to see this,
    I am not knocking you but this is the most dangerous thing In the world, if the harmonics in the bar just go a tad off, you can kiss your machine and any one around it good bye.

I took a ht20sII and gernaded it under my boss's orders, the machine was less than 2 weeks old this was when the hitachis first came out with the 20sII 1992?
    I almost killed my neighbor who just walked by the back of the machine. the bar went up and busted the concrete ceiling 20 feet up in the air. the machine lifted off teh ground about 1-2 feet and turned 45º

There is a reason for bar feeds mounted to the floor and it only takes one screw up /bad bar to realize it., sure you may have run it for a while like this but luck like this runs out.

BTW the bar I was using was only 4" longer than the draw bar on the machine not sticking out like the one pictured.

if this is your shop and someone gets hurt you can kiss your Rearend good by, if no one gets hurt they will not cover the cost of the gernaded machine and you will be out approx 10k-20k

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT SELLING THESE you dont have enough liability insurance

Now again dont get me wrong is a pretty cool gadet, we have all done not so safe things. we used to chamfer 2"dia 12 foot bars on a hand lathe and a 66gal drum with a wooden v block. but luck only lasts so long.

BTW that sticker on th back end of your machine with the red circle and the red line through it, its there for a reason.

Delw

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    Just happen to see this,
    I am not knocking you but this is the most dangerous thing In the world, if the harmonics in the bar just go a tad off, you can kiss your machine and any one around it good bye....
    He had a different thread with the same thing a while back and had his throat most thoroughly jumped down.

EDIT: I'm a liar, I didn't jump on him, I must have been feeling very mellow or maybe I thought it was a lost cause.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80484
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Delw,
    This only show's the "IDEA" to get the patent, production models will be mounted to the floor and have guards and an eletronic vibration sensor to RESET machine control should a slightly bent bar get loaded, this one as shown has run 3500 rpm for years now.

It runs one job now 40,000 parts per year.

Thanks for your concerns
    Reguards
    Alan Hiiesalu