586,950 active members*
2,744 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > K2CNC > i got a problem with Y axis servo motor.

i got a problem with Y axis servo motor.

i'm beginner on cnc, and recently i purchased a cncrouter from k2,it got two servos in the Y axis since the first day.
    the machine was sent to me with a pc with mach3 installed and programed already.
    i assemble it and pluged it.
    the machine has an enable botton in the controller box they told me i have to push after pluging the machine. after that, a sound from the motors is heard, and they told me that's a feedbach from the motors to the controller box.
    but this sound don't stop for Yaxis motors and when i try to jog with them, they make a sudden movement just in their place and then they stop moving and the other axis A and Z too refuse to jog. no movement for all axis. and no sound too.

i cheched everything in mach and i don't thing that sth is wrong.
    is it the motors that have some problem??
    i tryed many times, by repressing the enable button, i got the same result.
    and i noticed also that the Y axis motors has become little bit hot at hand touch.i don't know if it's normal or not.

here's what i did to check what' wrong: first i unpleged the wire of the Y axis and try to jog,the X and Z once again jog normaly, no sound coming from the Y motors offcourse, but if i press the keys on the keyboard as if i want to jog with Y, the X and the Z refuse to jog once again.it seems like they get a message that faults them even if the Y wires are unpleged.
    but if its wire are unpleged and if i also disable it in mach3, the other axis don't fault even if i press the key concerning the Y in the keyboard.

also i tryed this: i tested the Y motor on the fly(not on the machine)i noticed that just after pluging it to power, without trying to jog with it from mach, it it starts turning without any huum sound and no heat.that explanes the sound. because in the machine, he's turnig without moving,the A motor on the other side of the table don't let him move, so it seems like he's forced to turn in its place and that's what makes it become hot and make that sound.

but till now i don't know what give him the signal to turn without i touch anything in mach3.

i tryed the same thing with the A motor, it's ok with it.
    let me add that A is slaved to Y.

concerning the serviodrives, i got geckodrives on the controller box, one for each axis.
    if anyone have an idea plz help.

i hope also that you got an idea of all i said, thans again.

Did you get to the bottom of this issue? Is everything working?
    I'd call K2 directly and work with them.

yes, thank u.
    i contacted them and after many msgs, they suggest me to change the Y axis drive, while trying changing it, i found out that some little wires were not so tighten well,i redo them and after that faulting has desapeared.
    now everything is ok.thank u a lot.