www.proxerphoto.com/prop.jpg
    Blades are 3" dia
    Core: bottom 1", top 0.5"
    Core is drilled through 0.25"

All I have is a model done in Pro-E.
    Alu 6061 for prototype
    Thnx
    Max

Why don't you list a target ball park price? Anyone with the equipment and skill to make such a part is going to charge in excess of $1,000. Most people with out knowledge of machining trades get severe sticker shock, the part never gets produced and everyone's time is wasted. I do not have a horse in this race
    as I don't have 5 axis capabilities. I am just saying what everyone else is thinking. Most props are cast in large quantities, hence the low price when bought of the shelf, here you are asking for only one from solid, big time per unit difference.

I would like some more info on the part.Send me the info. [email protected] thanks Jarrad

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    I am just saying what everyone else is thinking.
    Yup. I can produce that item, but as already mentioned, you're looking at more than a grand for the first article. I bought my rotary from a very nice man that made a very nice living with a lot of very expensive machines. His product? Aircraft fuel pump impellers almost exactly like the one you posted. In fact, I have one of his scrap parts that he gave me when I bought the rotary.

If the blades are perpendicular to the center cone's surface and are flat, it might be a carefully laid out 4-axis job but the rotary would have to be tilted up by the cone's taper angle. Otherwise, it's a hardcore, 5-axis job.

I have the 5 axis capability. I'm interested. What we all need to know is if you're serious ($$$$) and if you actually expect to make more than one. I'll make ya' one, but get out your wallet.

Can you post either a .STP or .IGS file (zipped first, so it can be attached)?
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    Yup. I can produce that item, but as already mentioned, you're looking at more than a grand for the first article. I bought my rotary from a very nice man that made a very nice living with a lot of very expensive machines. His product? Aircraft fuel pump impellers almost exactly like the one you posted. In fact, I have one of his scrap parts that he gave me when I bought the rotary.

If the blades are perpendicular to the center cone's surface and are flat, it might be a carefully laid out 4-axis job but the rotary would have to be tilted up by the cone's taper angle. Otherwise, it's a hardcore, 5-axis job.

I have the 5 axis capability. I'm interested. What we all need to know is if you're serious ($$$$) and if you actually expect to make more than one. I'll make ya' one, but get out your wallet.

Can you post either a .STP or .IGS file (zipped first, so it can be attached)?
    Step or Iges??? Call me if you need Imports Greg.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Step or Iges??? Call me if you need Imports Greg.
    Thanks, Toby. I think Solidworks and Mastercam both have some sort of ProE converter but it's always easier to start with a step file (IMO). That also levels the playing field for anybody else wanting to look at it.

I also don't suspect that he expected four-figure part prices.

Max: is this for a jet drive for RC boats or is it in something critical like an airplane fuel pump?
    Greg

File for RFQ impeller

Max,
    PM sent with contact info.

Thanks,
    John B

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    Thanks, Toby. I think Solidworks and Mastercam both have some sort of ProE converter but it's always easier to start with a step file (IMO). That also levels the playing field for anybody else wanting to look at it.

I also don't suspect that he expected four-figure part prices.

Max: is this for a jet drive for RC boats or is it in something critical like an airplane fuel pump?
    LOL even playing Field?? These help

Files Supported

Import Format List:

AutoCAD DXF (*.dxf)
    AutoCAD Part (*.dwg)
    AutoCAD Inventor (*.ipt, iam)
    Catia (*.CATPart, *.CATProduct)
    Rhino (*.3dm)
    ParaSolid ASCII (*.x_t)
    ParaSolid BINARY (*.x_b)
    Pro/E (*.prt, *.asm, *.xpr, *.xas)
    SolidWorks (*.sldprt)
    SolidWorks Assembly (*.sldasm)
    SolidEdge (*.par, *.psm, *.asm)
    STEP (*.stp, *.step)
    STL (*.stl)
    Alibre files (*.stp)
    ACIS (*.sat)
    Step AP203 (*.stp)
    Step AP214 (*.stp)
    IGES (*.igs, *.iges)
    BobCAD (*.bbcd, *.cad)
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com