586,453 active members*
2,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > How much head vibration SX3/X4?

How much head vibration SX3/X4?

I noticed the otherday that I could detect a fair vibration with the spindle anywhere between 2600RPM and 3500RPM. I took out the collet and drawbar so I could check it without any external influences and tried again. Seems there was very little difference when they were installed and the vibration was still very detectable.

Anyone else stuck their hand on the head to feel the vibrations whist at high speed?

Quote Originally Posted by iGG1e View Post
    I noticed the otherday that I could detect a fair vibration with the spindle anywhere between 2600RPM and 3500RPM. I took out the collet and drawbar so I could check it without any external influences and tried again. Seems there was very little difference when they were installed and the vibration was still very detectable.

Anyone else stuck their hand on the head to feel the vibrations whist at high speed?
    The biggest vibration source I have noticed is the draw bar not being really centered when you lock it down. Also notice vibration on single flute cutters which varies a lot depending on speed.

Since you are seeing this without a draw bar I would next check if the pulleys are true.