586,406 active members*
2,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > 6030 Error 17 problem

6030 Error 17 problem

Hi...

I'm running a 6030 model with a 4th axis. The repairman has been here 3 times and coming again. I get an error 17 message motor overload/overheat. Boards have been swapped, all connections inspected, and the amplifier card has been replaced. Yes, the error is in the 4th axis. Anybody experience this or have any suggestions...

Thanks...

A Fadal tech worked on one of my machines yesterday for the same error, only it was the Z axis. He swapped the boards too and it still happened. Then he would tap the board and would get the error. Knocking on the frame that houses the cards would also set off the error. He pulled out all of the cards, took a scribe and pushed in each contact in the motherboard slots and sprayed the contacts with cleaner. End of problem. He told me that they have had problems with some motherboards and the controller upgrade now includes the motherboard. He also noted that the cards I have appear to be thinner than some of the cards in other machines. They do move side to side quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you...

Thank you for your reply. I'll run that past the serviceman when he arrives and let you know how it goes. Right now I'm doing a little experiment by running the machine with the cabinet door open and blowing a fan on it to see if that does anything. It used to work at my old place of employment on different cnc's...

Thanks again...

Fixed for now.

Ended up being a bad connection between the controller card and motherboard. It's been running smoothly for now...Thanks again for the imput...