586,461 active members*
3,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Questions for build cnc plasma

Hello,

i'm french , i think build an cnc plasma but i have many questions unanswered.

1.Do you think this kit would be sufficient to cnc my cnc table (2mX3m) ?
    http://ideegeniali.altervista.org/mercatino/ (this kit at 99€)

2.Do you think is possible for cut aluminium on waterbed ?

Thanx you

---------
    french version:

Salut,

1. Pensez vous que le kit cnc lien ci dessus, est suffisant pour ma table de 2mX3m ?

2. Pensez vous que c'est possible de couper de l'aluminium sur un lit d'eau ?

Merci

Julien @ pluton

1. kit is too small for 2m x 3m table,

2. basic air plasma not made to cut under water. but can have water just below material.

You might want to look at some of these packages www.xylotex.com & www.hobbycnc.com Both of these are in my opinion still on the small side to make a table of the size you mention. www.candcnc.com have packages speciffically designed to operate larger tables in both stepper & servo motor power. They also carry many component parts which will allow you to source your own power supply, drivers, etc to build your own. If that's the direction you want to take. There are many other sources out there also.

Depends on lots of factors really. How heavy will your gantry be. How fast is it going to need to be, to cut the material(s) you want to cut.

Rest assured that 1 of CandCNC's packages will run a pretty large table at any speed needed for plasma cutting

No affiliation with any of the above vendors. just a satisfied customer of CandCNC.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

Re cutting aluminium on a water bed

The AL particles going in to the water free off the hydrogen atoms

if these get trapped in the tank or under the plate it can have explosive results

if you put an air manifold in the bed and buble air through the water this should stop this happening. Most of the better known plasmas have a bit about this in the manual.

I do not personally think the kit will run a 3m x 2m machine - which I would class as a production size rather than a hobby machine.

We use steppers on our small 1m x 1m machine but fit ac brushless drives on all our other models unfortunately they cost rather more than 99 euro, which I would imagine is just for the controller.