586,655 active members*
3,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Quick codes for slots

Hi Guys,

I have now owned my new haas mini mill for about two weeks now and think its great , however I have recently been finding it hard to program kidney slots,

does anyone have a program for quick codes I can load in?

I.e will need to know ...

how many slots ...i.e 5

pcd i.e 60

angle + and minus 10

feedrate , depth extra

thanks

I know the Haas quick code does pockets but Kidney Shaped Slots might not be included.

Maybe someone has a Macro?

Does your new vmc have the macro option?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    I know the Haas quick code does pockets but Kidney Shaped Slots might not be included.

Maybe someone has a Macro?

Does your new vmc have the macro option?
    Mmm , not sure .... still playing about with it. I could of done with rotation scaling option but it doesn't have that either

Quote Originally Posted by cdfracing View Post
    Mmm , not sure .... still playing about with it. I could of done with rotation scaling option but it doesn't have that either
    Have you given CAD/CAM software any thought? Off line programming can be done anywhere at any time. It is more efficient with great accuracy.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Have you given CAD/CAM software any thought? Off line programming can be done anywhere at any time. It is more efficient with great accuracy.
    I have but where can I get the best deal?

You can turn on both Macro and Rotation & Scaling options for a 200 hour trial period. If you turn them off again the 200 hours can be stretched over a long time.

Just find them in Parameters; there should be a 0 and T beside them. Turn off Setting 7, push E-stop and with the curosr on the option type 1 and press write.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    You can turn on both Macro and Rotation & Scaling options for a 200 hour trial period. If you turn them off again the 200 hours can be stretched over a long time.

Just find them in Parameters; there should be a 0 and T beside them. Turn off Setting 7, push E-stop and with the curosr on the option type 1 and press write.
    I did try that but the trial had already expired..... it already had the T next to it even though I never used it!

cdfracing

I'd be glad in help you. So, let's start: first of all, I need to know what a hell is a "kidney slot" (please e-mail me [email protected] with drawings and variable dimensions for your parts). Once I know it, probabilly I can provide you an additional file to VQC with the new pattern. Please send your software version and VQC version. Maybe I'll need the machine backup data, if you don't know how to do this, I can also help you (first of all I need to know the software version to give you the best way of doing this).
    About macros, just type at edit mode #1 at the comand prompt and type <write/enter>. If a message "BAD CODE" appears, you DON´T have macro options installed. If this is the case, call your local dealer and think about acquiring this usefull software option.

Since now, thanks for choosing Haas Automation!!

PS: I'm not from US (I'm in Brazil), that's why the most difficult is about the language (the "kidney slot").

Hi Caue, I have a 2007 TM-1 and use the VQC alot and would like to see it expanded. I use the machine for making jigs and fixtures. I bought the machine thinking it would replace my manual bridgeport for alot of the basic stuff like squaring up and side milling. As it turns out, the standard vqc does not support these operations very well.

Is it possible to write a template to side mill or profile or frame mill using multiple cuts, putting the cut on the x/y axis rather than stepping down in th z axis?

Have you done anything like this?

Anything is possible to be done about VQC programming, once it's file like any other one. You just need to pull out VQC template (at List Prog), using USB, than you can edit some template according to your needs (using Windows notepad or similar text editor - as plain text, not rich text) and load it again.

Try it and post or e-mail me for any doubts.

Cheers, and thank you for choosing Haas Automation!!