587,070 active members*
3,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VMC 760/16 Parameters

I have a 1993 Bridgeport VMC 760/16 CNC mill with TNC2500B control. It lost its parameters and will not do anything now.

I also need a manual for this machine. does anyone know where to get one?

can someone please help me out and post the parameters in this thread.

Please post the NC and PLC numbers as the parameters change with the version of software in the control.
    The original version was 3 but I remember running around TN replacing PROMS to version 12. Cardinal Machine was not very good at keeping up with the changes.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    Please post the NC and PLC numbers as the parameters change with the version of software in the control.
    The original version was 3 but I remember running around TN replacing PROMS to version 12. Cardinal Machine was not very good at keeping up with the changes.

George
    NC 259950 05
    PLC 250144 08

The control alarms are in german....I assume the parameters will take care of that?
    Thanks a million for the help.

Yes that is one of the parameters.
    If you lose the parameters it will come up in German that parameters geshohen nicht. That the parameters are not there.
    Believe your control is not up to date. Bridgeport eventually settled on version 12 as I mentioned.
    All I could find was a generic parameter set for a interact 720 with a TNC2500.

George
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes that is one of the parameters.
    If you lose the parameters it will come up in German that parameters geshohen nicht. That the parameters are not there.
    Believe your control is not up to date. Bridgeport eventually settled on version 12 as I mentioned.
    All I could find was a generic parameter set for a interact 720 with a TNC2500.

George

George,

I loaded the parameters into the machine. I am getting a Drive Fault alarm now when i push the white button to supply power to the machine.

This is what i see on the semo drive unit.......the ext light is on, the 3 phase light is on and the unit enable light is on. on the led redout is says "0(with a line under it)03 1".

The servo amp all have the top half of a seven on them.

This machine was moved to another shop and is being powered by a 20HP rotary phase converter that is capacitor balanced. I cannot get 3 phase power where i am at and a solid state converter is out of the question.

Please HELP!!!!!!

Attached is a list of spindle alarms that can be found on a siemens spindle drive.
    I have no electrical diagrams on a machine with a TNC control and siemens drives. I found one with a 351 control and Fanuc drives.
    I have some data on siemens drives but need a email address as it is over a MB in size.

George
    Attached Files Attached Files

Attached is a list of spindle alarms that can be found on a siemens spindle drive.
    I have no electrical diagrams on a machine with a TNC control and siemens drives. I found one with a 351 control and Fanuc drives.
    I have some data on siemens drives but need a email address as it is over a MB in size.

George
    [email protected] is my email.

Thanks for the info george.