586,596 active members*
2,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: DFX problem

DFX problem

I installed the cam program and got registered but it wont let me import any DFX files. It says cad is not installed (it is) or I may have to re-install the program.

If I re-install do I have to re-register? Is this a problem?

Thanks
    Mike Laws

CAD not installed error

Hi, I have a similar problem when selecting the CAD files (or DXF's) when importing them into the CAM module also.
    However, if I click the "CAD not installed or has never been run" error message away twice, I am able to simply click "open" and the file imports correctly.
    There is also no thumbnail preview.

Are you referring to the Dolphin CAD files being imported and not a raw DXF?
    You should not have any problem importing DXF's into the CAD module (I dont, anyway).

The error message, although probably a common bug, shouldnt prevent you from actually opening the files in the CAM module.
    This error happens on two of my PC's, one of which is the licenced version, the other the demo.

I've learned to ignore it.

You may have better luck importing the .dxf in Dolphin CAD and then you can prepare vectors etc. and send it to the CAM program for toolpaths. I tried and got the same error that you reported and both programs are installed on my system also. I mentions something about not being able to find the file so I moved it into the partmaster/drawings folder thinking that would fix it but it still gets the error. It opens the .dxf fine in the CAD side and it can then be sent to the CAM side.
    Regards,
    Wes

The two click trick works.

Thanks
    Mike