587,043 active members*
3,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Keling 4030 C10 Wiring help.

So I am getting back to work on my machine and just need a sanity check on this wiring. I think I am ready the Wiring diagrams right but just to be sure I have laid out most of the wiring on paper. Look it over and see if I have screwed it up in some way. I will be using the C10 BOB common pins as +5v to simplify wiring, if this is bad let me know and I will use bus bars for the 5v. I am going to use busbars for the 24v power to the drivers.

Thanks

Clicking the diagram takes you to a full size 3500x3500 image.

51 People have looked and no one has any thing to say one way or another? Did I get it right or wrong, anything?

Thanks.

I guess no news is good news, I suspect if someone had spotted an error, you would have heard about it
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

It looks as though you have daisy chained the 24V PSU. If so, that should be changed to individual wiring to each drive.

Do you mean you have set the Com jumper to make com 5V? That is only for Gecko drives. Keling drive should be com = Ground.

CR.

the 24v will be from a busbar strip right near the PSU. And I will change the Drives to power directly from the 5V PSU that is supplied with the kit, they will also be powered from a Busbar.

Okay, terminal strips sound good.

CR.

other then that it looks right. awesome.

Another question. How would you wire up home switches? And I have heard that you can use Limit switches as homes, how would that work?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by nlancaster View Post
    other then that it looks right. awesome.

Another question. How would you wire up home switches? And I have heard that you can use Limit switches as homes, how would that work?

Thanks,
    You HAVE 3 inputs. I assume you are using Mach3. Mach homes one axis at a time. I have HEARD that it will use a limit switch as a home switch when in homing mode. I have not tried this, so don't know for sure. If this IS true, then three of your limit switches will act as homes.

If you are going to wire up the limit switches anyway, you might as well try it.

MOST of this wiring would have already been done internally if you had purchased a G540. Just attach 2 power wires, motor cables, plug in the parallel cable and go.

BTW: You have no charge pump, (G540 has one) so always be sure to have Mach up and running before you close the master enable switch. You don't want your axes charging around without control while the computer is booting up.

Also, there is no opto isolation on a C10, (G540 has it) so you might want to use a separate PP adaptor rather than your computer's Parallel port. This way, the PP card will fry, not the whole computer.

HMMM! Four $55 4030s plus a $26 low tech BOB plus $10 wall wart = $256. 299-256= $43. You gave up a lot of G540 plug & play, high performance and numerous other goodies to save that $43. If you ever want to control spindle speed from mach you will have to buy a ~ $40 card and will have saved nothing.

CR.

I would have bought the G540 if it had existed 1 year ago. All of these parts were purchased about 18mths ago. I had some real life issues come up, unemployed, and that kept me from working on my machine. So if I had to do it again I would purchase a G540. maybe for the second machine. Because it seems like everyone builds more then one machine.

Quote Originally Posted by nlancaster View Post
    I would have bought the G540 if it had existed 1 year ago. All of these parts were purchased about 18mths ago. I had some real life issues come up, unemployed, and that kept me from working on my machine. So if I had to do it again I would purchase a G540. maybe for the second machine. Because it seems like everyone builds more then one machine.
    Amen! I hear ya. I wish I could have bought it one year ago. Could have saved some bucks.

So let's fire this thing up and get some cutting done.

CR.

I am going to be using Shielded 4 conductor 18awg wire for driving the steppers. And I know that the shielding wire should be grounded to the chassis.

Is there anything else that should be grounded to the chassis?

any input on the grounding quest?

thanks,

nick

So I am working on getting one of the steppers working to test the gantry screw now that it is installed. I have my control system wired as above, accept I am feeding 5volts directly to the drivers not thru the com pins on the BB, and the motor is connected as shown. I get no movement from the motor. I have connected a switch to one of the inputs and the breakout board is talking to mach3 thru the port so it appears to be working properly. any help would be appriciated.

yes i have chased all the wires with ohm meter and everthing is/was a connected where it should have been.

Here are pics of my motor/input settings pages from mach3

And also a sample of the wiring showing the step/direction pulse wires leaving pins 8-9 for X-axis and then entering the KL4030 driver at what I believe to be the correct location.

Five volts on the enable pin disables the KL-4030 drive.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

What about the drive enables, shouldn't they be hooked up?
    Al.

Albert E.

Nothing should be attached to the enable connections on the KL-4030 drive.

See attached picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT1073.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Good call Al

all the wiring diagrams show nothing connected to the +/-5v enable connections. should I just connect it and give it a try?

What the heck, live dangerously:devious:
    Al.

Albert E.

Page 1 of 2 12