586,395 active members*
2,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3M Servo Alarm 02

I have a Fanuc 3M controlled Yuasa AccuMill AM-1547.

Yesterday I turned on the machine and tried to Reference Point Return X, Y, Z. The X & Y returned to 0 but Z did not. Once the Z axis moved to with in 0.25” of 0, it alarmed out - “Servo Alarm 02 - The READY signal (VRDY) of velocity unit has turned off.”

We shutdown the machine and restarted it. Once again we returned the X & Y axis to reference point successfully but we had the same alarm when attempting to return Z to 0.

We once again shutdown the machine and restated it. This time the machine started up with a NOT READY ALARM and we were unable to move the Z axis in the ‘+’ (up) direction, only in the ‘-‘ (down) direction. In the process of trying to figure out what’s going on we ended up with the Z axis in the –Z over travel position.

Now Z is stuck all the way down, sitting on the limit switch, and we can not do anything with Z.

Even when we hold down the Limit Switch Release button Z will not move. When we hold down the LSR button the flashing NOT READY ALARM turns in to a flashing ALARM.

We have double and triple checked the fuses and all three servo contactors pull in properly when we hold the LSR button.

I need help :-(

Try holding down the "P" and "CAN" buttons together while turning on the control. This should clear out some of your problems.

Ken

Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by AccuMillGuy View Post
    I have a Fanuc 3M controlled Yuasa AccuMill AM-1547.

Yesterday I turned on the machine and tried to Reference Point Return X, Y, Z. The X & Y returned to 0 but Z did not. Once the Z axis moved to with in 0.25” of 0, it alarmed out - “Servo Alarm 02 - The READY signal (VRDY) of velocity unit has turned off.”

We shutdown the machine and restarted it. Once again we returned the X & Y axis to reference point successfully but we had the same alarm when attempting to return Z to 0.

We once again shutdown the machine and restated it. This time the machine started up with a NOT READY ALARM and we were unable to move the Z axis in the ‘+’ (up) direction, only in the ‘-‘ (down) direction. In the process of trying to figure out what’s going on we ended up with the Z axis in the –Z over travel position.

Now Z is stuck all the way down, sitting on the limit switch, and we can not do anything with Z.

Even when we hold down the Limit Switch Release button Z will not move. When we hold down the LSR button the flashing NOT READY ALARM turns in to a flashing ALARM.

We have double and triple checked the fuses and all three servo contactors pull in properly when we hold the LSR button.

I need help :-(

I have a problem just like this except one of the brown fuses in the driver control has blown. I am waiting on the fuse.

Accumil Z axis problem

I think the clue here is that you could only move Z down. This implies that the Z up limit switch is stuck "on" and the logic is trying to keep you from hurting the machine. Now, since you are on both switches, you are in somewhat of a mess. the P and Cancel trick doesn't work on 3M controls. If in fact you are in the soft limit area (which is quite possible), the only solution is to find the soft limit parameters and increase them to all 9's. (9999999 for the plus direction and -9999999 for the minus direction). Power down, power up, hold down the LSR and try again.
    Resist the temptation to remove the Z motor and hand crank the axis up. This will change the home position relationship between the motor's marker pulse and the zero switch.

Warren
    www.upimecorp.com

DEAR SIR,
    Our machine memory is (8kb).It has very shot
    memory for part
    programing in 3d shape.I want to change my machine in
    "DNC" mode.
    What procedure apply to change my machine in "DNC"
    mode.Please you send
    me a complete detail information about "DNC" mode,and
    other detailed
    information.I am very thankfull to you if your urgent
    reply.
    Please you send me a your web page address.
    Machine name: "HESEGAWA" from (japan) (1984)
    Model no: FL-NC
    System: Fanuc 3M model-C,G-code.
    My name : FURQAN AHMED