586,140 active members*
5,634 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GoldenLaser and 150W laser glass or steel

Hello All,

we are looking to buy a ~150W laser machine from China. Of course, after spending a couple of hours on the forum, the conclusion is that there's good and very bad from China. I am a bit confused right now ....

I am in contact with GoldenLaser in China, and I have the choice in a laser machine (~150W) with glass tube for around $7000 or the same machine but mounted with a steel tube (from the USA) at around $32000 ! Obviously this is not the same investment.
    My questions:
    - Do these prices seem okay ?
    - Does anyone has heard about or experienced with GoldenLaser ?
    - In the 150W area, which other chinese companies would you recommend to contact ?
    - What would you recommend regarding glass vs steel, or what was your experience ? The glass tube need to be considered as consumable, but I am a bit worried about thinking of these 3-4 feet fragile glass tubes in crappy packaging thrown from China to Europe. On the other hand, the price for the RF tube is a solid knock-out.

Thank in advance for you help,

franc.

Franc,

First off, this forum is full of the controversy between glass laser tubes vs. metal tubes (RF), and chinese vs. USA made. You get what you put into to it. Meaning... do your research like you are doing right here, contact the reps, ask many questions. If they have a problem answering the questions you have now, think about how many questions you are going to have later and how hard it is going to be later if you're frustrated and trying to explain something you aren't quite sure about. If the company can answer your questions in a timely and precise fashion then they sound like they could be considered for your purchase.

Search the forum and read over old posts. I was just talking with someone the other day, and they pointed out that people who are unhappy tend to speak out more than those who are happy. Take each comment with a grain of salt. Good luck buying direct.

-You say a 150 watt laser but you do not mention the size of the machine. Care to share?

-I have never heard of Golden Laser. Do you have a website for them? I can check on them for you? (I deal with China companies a lot)

-I can't recommend a chinese company because I resell in US.

-Glass tubes vs. Metal ... Read past posts. From my research I found out that there are actually a couple of different laser tube manufacturers. The companies that make the machine, do not usually make their own glass tubes. Some tubes come from Korea, Italy, Germany, and of course China. With a 150watt laser, it could quite possibly be Korean made because many higher wattage laser tubes are made there. To better find out about the quality of the laser tube ask for pictures of both the ends, asf for the lifetime of tube, and ask if it is a DC or AC tube. The pictures can tell a lot and if you want me to take a look at them...I could tell you alot. Send me a PM and I will send you my email to you so you can send the pictures once you have them. The laser tubes are not poorly pagaged from most china companies. They are shipped in a standard box made to the size of the laser tube and stirofome (sp) inserts hold the laser tube in place so that it is not jostled around. The manufacturer should then place the box in the machine, extending through the side doors. (This is if they have side doors, but they should) The machine is then packaged with more stirofome (sp) then crated. Should be nicely shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by franc View Post
    Hello All,

we are looking to buy a ~150W laser machine from China. Of course, after spending a couple of hours on the forum, the conclusion is that there's good and very bad from China. I am a bit confused right now ....

I am in contact with GoldenLaser in China, and I have the choice in a laser machine (~150W) with glass tube for around $7000 or the same machine but mounted with a steel tube (from the USA) at around $32000 ! Obviously this is not the same investment.
    My questions:
    - Do these prices seem okay ?
    - Does anyone has heard about or experienced with GoldenLaser ?
    - In the 150W area, which other chinese companies would you recommend to contact ?
    - What would you recommend regarding glass vs steel, or what was your experience ? The glass tube need to be considered as consumable, but I am a bit worried about thinking of these 3-4 feet fragile glass tubes in crappy packaging thrown from China to Europe. On the other hand, the price for the RF tube is a solid knock-out.

Thank in advance for you help,

franc.
    Tom Winters
    www.the-lasersedge.com

Hi Tom,

thank you very much for your response.
    I've asked for some detailed pictures of the glass tubes extremities and other information you've recommended. I hope I will receive them before Friday evening as I am out of town next week.
    Anyway, to respond to you, Golden Laser do have a website: www.goldenlaser.cn. If you want to check them out and share your impression, that would be very nice. But or course and I insist, only if you want and have time to do it.

The machine we are insterested in have a cutting table of 1300x900mm with a working space of 180mm in Z.

Thanks again for your help,

Franc

$ 25 000 of difference between glass and RF is TOOOOOOOO big. With this difference they want push you to right direction

Westwood Liu (chair) Do not necessary post many senseless posts