586,103 active members*
3,304 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Tidal Waves Death Toll Rises to 44,000

Tidal Waves Death Toll Rises to 44,000

What a horrible ordeal those people are going through, very sad to hear about the tremendous lost. I hope no one here has had a lost do to that natural disaster.

There was a suggestion on our local TV here that this year we take the money usually spent on pyrotechnics for celebration of the new year and donate it to one of the organizations sending help into the disaster area. A very good idea I think.

The numbers are going to go way up from here. With flooding comes destroyed crops, contaminated water supplies, and a host of other trouble.

I'm certain the numbers will go up significantly in the coming weeks/months.

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I decided to rent a couple of movies open a bottle of wine and stay home this newyear. Gave the balance I usually spend on tonight to the red-cross for the relief fund. It is purely selfish on my part, I did not relish facing a snow storm :tired:
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Tsunami Disaster Appeal

As the death toll in the South-East Asian earthquake/tsunami tops one hundred thousand, we would like to encourage all our visitors to make a donation to the appeal for aid to help the relief efforts in the affected countries.

To donate using a credit card, you may click the 'donate online' link opposite, or you can find a large number of organizations who can accept donations on this BBC news page.

CNCzone has made a donation in behalf of it's members.