Hi Everyone,
I am assisting a customer in troubleshooting a communications problem on a Bridgeport Series II Model R2E3 mill with BOSS 8 control. They have lost the ability to download part programs from their remote PC. The PC has a DNC setup by Predator Software and is connected to data port B on the mill.

I have checked the obvious things like communication port and baud rate settings along with a continuity check on the cable between the two. I have also verified that data is being transmitted from the port on the PC. The LED on the EAF board in the mill blinks green shortly after power up which I have read indicates it has passed its self-diagnostic check although I'm not sure what board functions are checked. Does anyone know of an easy way to use a terminal emulator to verify data port communications on the EAF board?

The one anomaly on the mill I have noticed is that when I execute a 'Load From Remote' command there is no asterisk located in the far left position on the bottom line of the LCD display. The operating manual states..."EXECUTE will enter the LOAD submode and a "*" prompt will appear at the extreme lower left portion of the screen." Anyone seen this before?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kenny