586,465 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mach 3/controller directions reversed

i'm having a problem with my machine. the last time that i had it running it would jog around with no problem. today i went and turned it on and for whatever reason the directions when i'm running it in jog mode on mach 3 are switched around. back and forth on the x-axis are fine, but the y-axis moves right whether you push right or left, and the z-axis isn't working at all.

All my cable connections seem to be tight and just the way they were before. where should i start looking to fix this?

I would be willing to bet that you have wiring problems. At this point you may well have blown drivers as well.

Look for loose / intermittent connections and / or broken wires in the cables.
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Don't worried, don't be panic, just re-configure the x and y motor signal directions in the config signal motors.

If you steel in need, just let me know and i'll send you some pics to show how handle it.

fixed

thank you guys for the suggestions.

i'm really not sure what happened, but it works just fine now. the weird thing is that i didn't do anything. i just turned it all back on to try and figure it out, turned on jog mode and everything is working perfectly again.

so, i don't know what setting i had tripped, but it's fine now. thanks guys.