586,655 active members*
2,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 5 12345

62 strat body 3d model

this is the strat body i have modelled to use to machine myself a strat. i have made it as accurate as i can using the dims and specs i have available-anyone may use this model as they wish. please post some pics of anything you end up machining, it would be great to see what you guys do! i will post some pics as soon as i get a gap to machine the body. i will probably do an mdf body first, just to make sure the model "holds" well, if you know what i mean.
    the neck will be following shortly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ive been trying to make a neck thru strat.. but havent had much luck properly modeling the heel

Here is a pic of a prs that I cut from that surface file...this is straight off the machine, no sanding. I don't have any of the elevation differences you are seeing in your simulation. Must be some kind of translation error?

Here are a few pics of the strat that i just cut out today. It is cut out of trupan because it is a demo, but it looks like a winner. I do have the belly and arm cut ready to mill, but I did not have enough Z travel to get my safe z to work. I will try to cut another one this week on my mill at home to get her complete. I drew this up from a variety of files and the blueprints i posted. I did buy 2 bodies from Warmouth and as you can see they line up real nice. I am going to throw the HSH route into my Ibanez body I started a while back. I will try to get one cut as well to post. The one thing that I did discover is that the 2 bodies that were purchased from Warmouth do not line up with each other. So we may be spliting hairs to get an exact body profile. Threw in a pic of the belly cut that I generated in ArtCam.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strat back copy.jpg   Strat Try 1.jpg   strats front.jpg   Strats.jpg  

mitchjr.. if you made the strat body with those blueprints you have, go with those.. those are factory dimensions..

also. was that control cavity your own representation or did you get a template for it?

and if you want.. i have jem777 blueprints, and an already made 3D model of it if youre into ibanez' and want it

I would love to the blueprints. I am not a fan of it myself, but I got a good friend who has several. He has been on me to finish up one for him.

Thanks.

Did you want to post it here or do you need an email.

i believe youre the one that sent my the strat blueprints..

and the flying V ive been working on.. have the pickups, bridge, neck pocket, and string through locations made so far.. actually i just need to know the angle between the inside and outside of a horn to be 100% sure its spot on and i can finish up the flying V

That is me......just send it to my email.

there.. thats everything i have on the ibanez jem design

still looking for assistance getting the proper carved top on a les paul, or the dimensions of the king v
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jem.jpg  

i cant read any of the dimensions. Did you shrink it down to be able to post it? It looks like a winner. Do you have a clear copy?

someone asked if i had a template for the back chamber of the strat. I did design that myself. I scanned the bottom of the strat body I bought and brought that photo into artcam. I traced the pic with the vectors and resized to the original. It was pretty simple and only took about 10 min.

that photo is maybe 1/8 the normal size.. they resized it on me.. so i had to zip the photo so itll be an attachment

hah.. funny story.. i posted a thread on the les paul forum (mylespaul.com) asking if anyone was willing to help me on a project and ive received many angry letters and a couple death threats by people who make money selling knock-off les paul parts

Quote Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
    hah.. funny story.. i posted a thread on the les paul forum (mylespaul.com) asking if anyone was willing to help me on a project and ive received many angry letters and a couple death threats by people who make money selling knock-off les paul parts
    You're only going where they have already gone. I can't imagine why they might think that no one else should want to build their own guitar when they also have an interest in cnc router machines.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

yeah.. but these idiots dont want others to build their own, they want others to pay gibson prices for their copies

did those models and blueprints work well enough mitchjr?

They are very good. The bodies have different top cuts which I got from the 2 bodies I purchased from warmouth. Took a little work, but it all paid off. I would go with the blueprints.

yeah.. i would trust the blueprints over warmoth for the most part.. anyway, im still trying to decide the body style im going to use on a custom im working on..

i know the neck will be modeled after a jackson soloist, i found the bridge i plan to use (low profile hardtail bridge, non trem, not a tune o matic) so i can use a flat neck angle for better comfort.. probably hum/single/single pickup configuration for added versatility... might wire the two single coils in the neck and middle position to work together like an extended humbucker when a toggle is thrown one way, seperate single coils the other way...

scale length will probably be 25.5".. and itll be of neck through construction.. so all i need to work out is the actual body shape i want to use, maybe features of that body to make it a little different, and wood

Let me know if you want me to sent you the .dxf file of the body and the Hum. Hell I can just send the whole damn thing and you can delete what you want.

if you have a dxf of a king v.. thats what id like most, i already have a complete strat body im lofting a neck for, trying to get it to blend well into the heel.. might need to convert my sldprt to a dwg and loft it with autocad

Page 3 of 5 12345