586,635 active members*
3,527 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

dsp and spindle

I’ve used one of these 6090 cnc and was impressed with the DSP control and Type3 cad cam software

If the DSP card is connected to the spindle inverter correctly you can choose the speed just before you run a program and can change speed on the fly by pressing Z+ or Z- when running a program.

Thanks for the infos.

I’ve spent some time working out what all the features on the DSP controller do

Some are very useful but are not explain fully in the manual

Like using multiple origin points, you can save up to 10 different sets of XYZ zero points to run programs from.

Nick, if possible, please share it

I'm cutting 100% wood and use the spindle always at 24000rpm but in future I need to change the rpm.

Do you know how to use the pannel potentiometer to change the rpm?

Thanks

Yes and no, the pannel potentiometer is not for changing the spindle speed

The speed is controlled by a digital out put from the DSP it moves up and down in 3000 rpm steps, ie OFF then 6000 then 9000 up to 24000

Your DSP controller may be set up wrong like mine was if you don’t have this option

If you press and hold down the on/off key then press Z+ or Z- and let go SWITCH GRADE should be displayed on the screen you should be able to go from 1 to 7 by repeating this.

Please email me directly at nick965(A)fromruDOTcom

I have information I don’t want to post directly in the web

I’ve had a look at your previous pictures and can see that the DSP Card is connected to the inverter so you should be able to control the spindle speed

When you run a program the spindle should start automatically and stop when the program has finished

If you look at the arrow on the picture blue LED’s should come on in sequence when you change speed ( all off = spindle off, first one on is 6000rpm, second is 9000, second and first is 12000, third is 15000, third and first is 18000, third and second is 21000, all three is 24000) this is how my machine worked

The potentiometer is for minor adjustments and the red led screen displays the inverter status (if you stall/overload the spindle it will cut power to it and display an error message) you should not have to change the settings for the invertors unless you fit a different spindle motor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3814.jpg  

Many thanks Nich to spread your knowledge, very appreciated
    I think this his is the right place where share it!

A waring to all european customers:

starting from May 1st European Commission banned the silica gel, containing more than 0.1 ppm of dimethylfumarate, from goods import:

http://www.sud-chemie.com/scmcms/web/page_en_7438.htm

ask Taney to remove silica bags from shipment or use Süd-Chemie and send you a declaration.

Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by woodworker73 View Post
    To pump grease into the Hiwin block nipple you have to use this tool with a "zerch" cap:
    Hello,

Any idea where I could find such a thing? When I search for " zerch cap" I only find your reply on this forum

Thanks,
    Marco

This is the Zerch cap:

buy a good steel pump not a plastic pump.

Hi all,

i`am about to get me a SHM0609 with a 3KW HSD spindle and was wondering if the frame, ball screws, steppers etc. can handle the forces of a 1/2 diameter ball nose bit.

yes 1/2" is not over rated for the 0609 it is a relationship of material type, depth of cut, feed and spindle rpm that determine this, one could use a 1/2" bit on a much smaller machine it would just take more time, the 0609 is a strong machine.

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Thanks cabnet636, i was hoping that i`d get a better surface with less passes in a shorter time by using a larger bit, could you explain how it would take more time please?

there is a major difference in a .5hp router and a 3 hp spindle

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Got it, you meant the spindle by "machine", so a more powerful spindle just means more cutting depth. Thanks again.

Talking info

one question....i have a excitech shm2030a model (2000x3000x200 travel). What stepped motor it's used for the x axis, model and power. there is no stiker or no. on them and i want to buy one more for my 4axis project.?????? pls hepl me some one!!!!

LIMAC Router

Hey, check LIMAC Router from China www.limac.cc

Quote Originally Posted by Keskin View Post
    Hi all,

i`am about to get me a SHM0609 with a 3KW HSD spindle and was wondering if the frame, ball screws, steppers etc. can handle the forces of a 1/2 diameter ball nose bit.

help on motor

Hey, we supply the stepper motor. Pls. send me the photo of the motor, and i will send you the specificaitons and price to your email.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicu View Post
    one question....i have a excitech shm2030a model (2000x3000x200 travel). What stepped motor it's used for the x axis, model and power. there is no stiker or no. on them and i want to buy one more for my 4axis project.?????? pls hepl me some one!!!!

Thought I would post it here also.

Whats with all the chinese spammers in the thread?

Got my 600x900 machine

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Last one is of sticking down some MDF, at this time I am trialing the glues, the first is a MDF based glue the weakest of the lot and which should be the easiest to remove.

I spent a good amount of time cleaning the rails and lubing them up.

I went with a smaller machine because of the smaller cost and if I need to get rid of my factory in February I can move it to my house as its small and single phase.

Import costs for a 600x900 machine using the free shipping service from Excitech was $1991.13 that includes $200 for a customs broker and $80 for delivery, to give anyone else a idea on pricing.

Good little machine, the keypad on the front doesnt really do much my run button does nothing but it can easily be run from the DSP.

I lubed it all up friday and today, most of the time was taken to get the bellows off, I manually cut some aluminium and it ran great, tommorow im hoping to cut some aluminium supports for a larger machine I am building myself.

Congratulations on your new router.
    Are the $1991.13 for the machine or just shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Keskin View Post
    Congratulations on your new router.
    Are the $1991.13 for the machine or just shipping?
    Import charges

I think its a bit excessive.

Page 2 of 2 12