587,065 active members*
3,862 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc-it View Post
    Hi Kudos,
    Really impressed with the retro. Have you ever thought of having the 4th axis do turning functions too..? I've seen this done in mach using the swap axis feature (the 4th becomes the spindle axis), not sure if it can be done with Emc?
    Like the look of the optidrive, are they reasonably priced?

I'd like to retro my Bridgeport BPC320 horizontal.
    It's 4 axis but i'd like to add a 5th and maybe use the 5th for turning too on more complex parts.
    The i/o worries me though! how hard is it to master?

Thanks,
    John.
    Hi john

4th into a spindle, sure would be no problem that i can see, as long as u had a good size AC servo on there or sorts and a quick one. u could just command the speed let it do it. just use HAL and a Mcode maybe to switch between each mode.
    just like im doing on spindle drive to postion with.

Invertertek are well priced against the others out there for sure.
    we brought ours from Betch we looked at all the other before going with the invertertek unit.

the IO is same with any control if u have the wiring manual wouldt take you long todo just need to see how to talk to your drives etc, drop on EMC mailing list plenty of people on there who have dont bridgeports now.

rob

Kinda off topic but take a look at this video on youtube. He's using Mach 3. The setup is jerry rigged but it works. The guy has a few vids worth taking a look at.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0kIWpylrqk&feature=channel"]YouTube- MIni Machining Center does HARD TAPPING in steel part using new 4th axis[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by kudos View Post
    Hi Thomas

no problem i will grab them off the machine today and send them over or something.

the hal file is quite complex now as Hal is also controlling the spindle orientation on the spindle drive but im sure you can weed out the parts you want to check and look on.

rob
    Kudos,
    Can you e-mail me or post the HAL file. I have several machines that need retrofitted and was thinking of going with the Mesa boards or with Vital systems products. Also is there a write up somewhere on how to implement the Mesa products?
    Thanks and nice work on your machine, Very well done.

Hi Rob

Thanks sounds like EMC is the way to go. Well impressed with the Leadwell retro and the lathe too!
    Was looking at the d.electron linux retro but the cost!!!! It's all on an ethernet network including the i/o and drives and can have a windows front end with the linux cnc controller actually running the machine in the background!

www.delectron.it

John

Re: EMC gets fitted to a Leadwell CNC VMC

hello,

We are with Linuxcnc and we have made a retrofit of a laguna FTV2, we have find a tool changer aerotech 25 tools, we have the same optidrive with a electric brake than you et we manage to put an encoder+index
    Our problem now is the spindle orientation routine.

If you can give us the HAL file we will be very happy.

I am working on a laser tool setter(at least 3µ precision and hopefully better) and when completely ok I will be glad to share it with you
    Lucien

Hi use the New 2.6 linuxcnc a Lot changed to Good for atc and Orient i used the examples on my bridgeport 412 retrofit it worked well ,..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

i will try and find a old backup off the config files and PLC file, as we changed the drive to a yaskawa drive in the end much better drive, does have the custom spindle firmware installed too

basically you just need to change from normal run mode to a PID mode as the drive its self can not do position so you have to kinda use it like a servo drive, its a bit tricky to get working correct, i take it you have a real spindle induction motor not a standard VFD motor? ie fanuc, mitsubishi motor.

rob

thank you Thamsker and Kudos,

Our motor is a normal spindle motor with variable belt, but the encoder is on the spindle here the picture of our home made encoder sorry the text is in french and the picture are very big

We make rigid taping without problems if this can be an indicator for spindle orientation.

I will appreciate very much your old backup

Hi this is a Peace of cake ,.. I Even do it with One Switch ,... When you want i search for the links they normally Need a b and Index Signal ,..

What we know is always easy, and what we do not know is complex.

So, if you can find the link it will be great, We have A,B and indeX signal
    Thank you

Hi so my
    mail archive shows as follows

1) There is an Orient component which works nice (but as i sayer i only have 1 signal like index and no encoder so i had to use different method )
    https://github.com/sittner/linuxcnc/...ts/orient.comp

the inline document is good and in linuxcnc search for orient.comp you find an example then
    2) An call for help which helped me to understand
    LinuxCNC :: Topic: Spindle orientation (2/2)
    3) This example i used to get my example to work (i will use that on my lathe - )
    M19 orient spindle: document

thomas

Thank you I will look at it.

You are welcome around december i Do an encoder at my lathe where i will also do Orient for the Chuck ..

We have some problems,

how the encoder should be declared ?
    for rigid tapping is should be declare as tachometer
    but for spindle orientation it should be positionning (i presume)
    do you have to choose between rigid taping and positioning ?

Orient i can do as the atc just by 1 Signal But First i have to finnisch 2 Projects ,..

delectron z32

I have an Italian z32 delectron control system. Unfortunately, the network card has a problem and the same network card is not available. Now I want to install a new network card. How should I enter the information of the new network card into the Linux system of this control? Thank you. Guide me

Page 2 of 2 12