586,409 active members*
3,172 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CNC Tooling

CNC Tooling

I am taking a CNC Class in Denton,Tx at the ATC Center in Denton. I am a junior in high school and i am very interested in CNC. At the school we have Haas Machines 2-TM1, 2 Mini Mills, And 3 TL-1 and a faro arm. I am learning everyday more and more about CNC but need some help learning more.

If anyone out there would like to help me learn more about tooling for the mills and the basics of CNC i would greatly appreciate it.

Aaron

Tooling???

Now that is a pretty broad question.

One of the best ways to learn about tooling IMPO is to read up on Tools and Tool making.

Machinery's Handbook by the Industrial Press
    Machining and Metal Working Handbook by McGraw Hill
    Machine Shop Tools & Operations by Audel
    Automated Machines & Tool Making by Audel

You will most likely find these on Amazon and they will keep you busy for quite some time. Lots to learn.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Smile I could write a book on what your asking.

Ironically working for a time and making parts on a manual mill will give more insight to CNC milling than you would ever imagine. You get the feel of what a cutter is actually doing when cranking a handle. How it can push or pull during a cut, deflection, resistance to a plunge, how it wears as time goes on. What happens when you hang a cutter to for out, run a cutter to fast or to slow for the conditions. The problems and requirements of work holding. e.i. deforming parts and messing up tolerances by squeezing to part to tight, or to loose i.e…. the part moves in a heavy cut.
    I’ve found that manual mill experience can shorten the learning curve for CNC programming and operation of CNC machines by quite a bit. As I said above, it gives you that insight and edge at just what you can and cannot do and get away with while programming. It’s the above and beyond the adjustments to what the “recommended” feeds, speeds and depth of cuts in the CAM programs say.
    Steve
    BTW- My background in machining and programming is 30 years plus with 5 years teaching the Journeymen and Toolmaker program.

I was just looking for help!

I wasn't necessarily asking a question.
    I am just a beginner in the CNC world.
    I was just looking at cnczone.com because our teach told us to go here and check it out.
    Now that I know there are people out there that can help I will take advantage of this forum.
    I spent 4 hours last night reading trying to expand my knowledge.

Thanks for your help
    Aaron
    BTW- If you want to write the book on tooling or just some basic tips “Knock Yourself Out” and Our CNC class will be glad to read it.(In our class there are only 4 students.)

CNC Machining Info

You may enjoy taking a break, and having a look at a few maching videos on youtube, there really really a lot of good videos you can download.
    I don't sell tooling, but have put over 50 youtube tooling tooling videos on my own site: http://www.mctooling.com

heloo
    need for help
    a have scm record 220 tvs
    I don't know change tool manuel

hey aaron

wishing you the best of luck, I am currently going to school for the same,
    my teacher gives us online classes off toolingu.com and w/ time i hope to
    be programming to manufacture parts:wee: