586,724 active members*
3,894 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Hi Sco

The Maleny meeting was great...it was a long day but well worth it. I arrived at 10am andBoris had coffee and cakes and scones already for us. His wife is a fantastic cook and kept the tummys full all day with great food....I wont mention the fantastic home made pizzas at the end of the day/night cooked by Boris in his proper wood fired pizza oven which was great. First session was on Boris's huge router and watching a specific job being done and different ways of approaching it with different cutter sizes and the differences it makes. Later in the day after going to the Maleny wood festival for a look and some lunch it was all about solidworks software and how to get it up and running as a beginner and what to do. The last session was about Gcode and how it works and plenty of examples. I learnt a huge amount that day and I must say it was just a fantastic day that just flew by. I left there about 8.30pm and there were still a couple of people there. I am sorry to say you did miss a great day...but hey you can pick and chose your friends but you are always stuck with the relatives

Hey SimjetAU,
    Thanks for the up-date. Sounds like it was the best day!
    Hoping to catchup with the rest of y'all soon.
    cheers
    rosco

Details of the next Brisbane CNC User Group are here;

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...548#post626548

Cheers,

Claudio
    - WidgitMaster Wide Router with Kress FME 800, HobbyCNC 305oz Stepper Kit
    - WidgitMaster Midi Router with Dremel

new user looking to join Brissy group

Hi Guys, am looking for a local group of people interested in cnc, am on the GC and looking to pick brain pans and possibly contribute what I can, I am new to cnc in a way but am also new to forums, so pardon my post here, I found the post about the brissy group and by the time I joined I lost the link due to some issues with site registration...M

I am assuming you are in Brisbane. This seems to be the latest info on what is happening.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/austra...ane_group.html

new user looking to join Brissy group

Hi guys, am new, but looking to become a part of the group, I am on the GC, but thats ok, am more of a hobbyist but always been interested in nc, its just been out of my reach like many, I recently bought a small router with a 4th axis off eBay, its small but seems solid and upgradable from what I have looked at, but a good start to learn on, came with mach3 retup on disk, though untried yet, my choice would have been mach3, but as for the rest, still trying to figure out what is best long term, my initial hope is to be able to cut gears for R/C use and for projects, I am also building a furnace to recycle ally for projects, stock is sometimes difficult to get, but scrap is easy to get if you snoop, just need to know whats in it, brass is also easy, just ask your local sparky to keep old terminals, bushes are great if you want to recycle for projects to make your own, anyway, I have always been a believer that knowledge and recources are hobbyists best friend, as are the friends you gain who share your interests, anyone who is in the loop of this group and can give me a heads up on whom to talk to, message me, my appologies if some of this does not belong here

Hi Morrie, Welcome to the world of CNC.I have been playing with CNC for a few years now and also Casting. The small router you bought sounds interesting. Particularly the 4th axis. I would suggest that you could have success making small gears in plastic but you will be pushing the boundry to expect a router to cut metal gears depending on how fast and how accurate you want them. Mach has some canned cycles for gear cutting that work quite well, (Conversational) I do lost foam casting of Ali and bronze. If I can help let me know. As for the Group I would think it will be revived in the new year. For now watch this space.
    WJF
    The More I Learn The Less I Seem To Know

Interested in Brisbane/Gold coast group

Hi

I am interested in joining a Brisbane or gold coast group,I dont have a machine as yet but it is part of my new years resolution .I live at southport and am a industrial electrician and would be happy to help and learn about these machines.

Page 2 of 2 12