586,246 active members*
3,495 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: newb here

newb here

well you asked for it so here is my intro post. my name is roy andrews i live in upstate ny. my main interest is in converting an M head bridgeport to CNC to play with. i do a lot of hobby machining and bought this mill to convert and learn with.

i did electronics in the navy for years and worked as an industrial electrician until i developed cancer and became disabled.

my basic plan for now is to follow the series of articles in digital machinist and watch here for other ideas. any advice would be appreciated.

well after three years of studying, getting software and trying to learn it this project is finally moving forward but in a little different direction. while at the grizzly tent sale i saw this cute little mill drill G0704 and decided it would be perfect for the cnc conversion i want to do. after getting it home i looked on here and found i am not the only one with this idea. so i guess we will have another build thread. hopefully with some new ideas after i study all the other builds. i have taken the mill out of the box and started cleaning. i don't intend to use it until i complete the conversion. i have three other mills, Two lathes and two surface/tool grinders grinders so making parts shouldn't be a problem. i look forward to using the collective knowledge of the site and hope i can contribute a little as well.

Roy
    This is just my opinion and based on my very limited knowledge, but thats what the Internet is for giving losers the ability to show their ignorance in public.