586,103 active members*
3,318 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > 5 wire Sanyo Denki connection Diagram Needed

5 wire Sanyo Denki connection Diagram Needed

I am a mechanical engg student
    I got a stepper motor of brand Sanyo Denki for our project
    Its got Specifications like
    DC 1.5A .72DEG
    TYPE 103H8582 8044
    Lot No 01817
    Made in Japan
    5 wires I cant find how to get it rotate as i cannot find about 5 wire connections in their website either .Can anybody help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fonfon View Post
    I am a mechanical engg student
    I got a stepper motor of brand Sanyo Denki for our project
    Its got Specifications like
    DC 1.5A .72DEG
    TYPE 103H8582 8044
    Lot No 01817
    Made in Japan
    5 wires I cant find how to get it rotate as i cannot find about 5 wire connections in their website either .Can anybody help me with this?
    thankyou

I was checking a 5-wire stepper out yesterday, and according to my resistance readings, it's like a 6-wire, except the 2 center-taps are tied together. I don't know that you can use a normal 4-wire controller with it. My guess is you'll need to use a 6-wire (Unipolar?) controller. Locate the common ground wire (all the other wires will have their lowest resistance reading when compared with the common), attach the common to the center-tap for one of the phases, and jumper it to the center-tap for the other phase. You'll need to mix-n-match the other 4 wires to the terminals to get proper direction. Keep good notes on which wires you hook up where, and wither the step pattern is correct. Hint: use a truth table. Good luck! It should only be a max of about 12 different combinations, but that's only if you have the worst possible luck and don't get it right until the last try!

When you find the common, tie it to a voltage source (use a current meter to dial in the 1.5Amps through one winding and note the voltage) then set the voltage to about a quarter of that to keep the heat down while testing...

place 4 normally open bush button switches on the four wires, going to ground.
    place a pointer of some kind on the shaft of the motor... alligator clip... paperclip... whatever.
    press the first button, then the second while watching the pointer and then back to the first, then the third, first and fourth... you are looking for the smallest movement... that is the first two A - B ... now press A,B then each of the other two, smallest increment will be C the other D
    now you should be able to press A B C D A B C D and see a smooth progression even while holding a little pressure on the shaft... label the wires and your done. To change the direction of rotation, switch EITHER A & C or B & D

If you can find them still , a 5804B IC can drive a unipolar 1.5 amp with no other parts for a basic (slower) driver... http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf-...DSA-385061.pdf

I have a circuit that uses the phase outputs of the 5804b to drive two current control stepper driver ICs but I cant post the whole thing it because it is from a place I used to work and they sold the intellectual property to someone else a while back, but I could probably draw the basics of the phase hook up if you wanted it, but look at http://pminmo.com/ first