586,581 active members*
2,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Determining the 'health' of your plasma table

Determining the 'health' of your plasma table

Gents,

Long time lurker, first time poster. A little background: I am an engineer at a medium-sized fab shop where our 'staple' processes for most of our work involves a Messer plasma table and some damn skilled welders. I am not a machine operator by any stretch of the imagination, but I understand how cnc equipment operates, its general accuracy, and I have an understanding of the G and M coding used to control them.

We use Pronest to generate the code for this table. Our operators use the code generated from the software directly without editing. For the nearly 2 years that I've been here, mysterious things have been happening with the burn table. Recently, we had some sheet material that was to be rolled into a cylinder come up 3/8" short on an 18" diameter.

What I was wondering: do those of you who use your tables as much as we do test your table for accuracy periodically? If so, what sorts of shapes and methodology do you use in doing so?

I'm sure there are other methods, but a couple I use is:

(1) I keep a spare (standard if you wish to call it that) of certain smaller parts & lay a fresh cut piece over the "standard" & visually check for error.

(2) Every so often I'll cross measure a sheet usually 5' X 10' to be sure it's square. Place that on my table & carefully measure to make sure it is parallel with the table. Draw in the exact dimentions of the sheet in CAD, convert to .dxf, generate code, send to torch & let it trace the outline of the sheet in real time watching to see it traces the outside edge of the sheet exactly.

I have never had a problem of my torch cutting to size unless I goofed on the drawing. I mainly use the full sheet trace method to be sure my home limit switches are still doing their job in squaring the gantry to the rails. & to be sure the table hasn't been knocked out of square by a forklift.

Neil
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

I installed a cheap red laser on my Z axis and have marks on my table, send it to preset cords. Adjust if needed.
    Chip Coale

Re: Determining the 'health' of your plasma table

Ensuring the optimal performance of your plasma table is crucial for efficiency and quality output. Regular maintenance checks are vital in what is rybelsus used for including inspecting consumables, cleanliness, and calibration. Proper upkeep ensures precise cuts and prolongs the lifespan of the equipment. On another note, Rybelsus is a medication used to manage type 2 diabetes in adults, helping to control blood sugar levels alongside diet and exercise.