586,596 active members*
3,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Christmas Presents

Hello,

I am not sure if this is permitted under that license agreement, but I would be interested in working with someone who could turn my photo into Gcode.

Please send me a private message if this is allowable and you're interested.

Thanks,
    Drennen

Hello Drennen,

I could help you do that. If you'd like a 30-day key for VS3D, I could supply you with one and also help you use it to output G-Code from your photo.
    You can download and install VS3D from the VS3D home page. Once you get it installed, just email me the "Host ID" code that is displayed when you start VS3D. I can then generate and email you back a 30-day key.
    Daniel Carr - President,
    Designs Computed, LLC

Thanks Daniel. That sounds great. I will be sure to take you up on that.

Thanks!
    Swami

I sent you a private mesage did you recieve it? :stickpoke

Hello Aksess,

I did not receive any private messages. Please send again or post here.
    Daniel Carr - President,
    Designs Computed, LLC

Sorry it was for Swami I sent a message

I sure did Aksess. Thanks so much for the generous offer, and sorry for not responding. Im actually well under way. I'm probably going to go with this line engraving I've got since I am so much further along with it, and Christmas is approaching quickly!

Thanks again,
    Swami

I downloaded VS3D and when I open it I get a message that there was an error during the license check. Any hints on what to do so I can get my host ID and do the 30 day trial. I'm evaluating deskart right now, but it isn't really working as well as I had hoped, so I'd like to check out VS3D.

Xterrian,

I'm not sure what the problem is.
    Obviously, everyone else has been able to download, install, and run it without any such problems.
    It sounds like your system is not giving you "write" priviledges to the folder in which you've installed VS3D ?

Try doing an "uninstall" of VS3D, and physically delete all VS3D folders on your system if the uninstall didn't do it already. Then reboot.

Create a folder manually, such as "C:\des_com". Then install VS3D in that folder.

Be sure to use a folder that does NOT have a space character in the path (for example, installing in the "Program Files" folder on some systems can cause a problem due to the space character in the name).

Let me know if that works.
    This is a perplexing problem and I'd like to get it figured out.
    Daniel Carr - President,
    Designs Computed, LLC

I went so far as to delete even the setup file from my computer and then downloaded it again. I'm making sure that the setup file is on the same drive as the location I'm installing the program. All the files seem to be there. I'm at a total loss in understanding what I could be doing wrong. Is there a chance that something else on my computer is causing the problem. I attached a picture of the error message box if that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ERROR.JPG  

I just figured out what's wrong. I stayed up all night trying to get it to work and was getting pretty frustrated. I was wondering why I had never tried to install it before. It seems like a great piece of software that is a lot like what I would do if I was going to write my own. After 12 hours, it suddenly hit me, what operating system is it written for? Bingo! I have 98 se. I guess I'll have to get a new computer when I return from Iraq and try this again. Boy, am I embarrassed.

Well, that was going to be my next question (what operating system you have). VS3D 1.55 is supported on Windows 2000 & up.

But there is still a chance it might work on '98. I can think of one thing to try.

Go to the folder where you installed VS3D. Find the "vs3d20" subfolder.
    Then go to the "reg" subfolder. Delete the file "vs3d_keys.dat".
    Try running VS3D again.
    Daniel Carr - President,
    Designs Computed, LLC

Oddly enough, I don't have that file anywhere on my computer. Was it supposed to be installed by the setup program? Makes me wonder what else is missing. Thanks again for trying to help me out. I probably won't buy any new OS from MS. I'll use 98 until it's non functional and then probably move to linux. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xterrian
    Oddly enough, I don't have that file anywhere on my computer. Was it supposed to be installed by the setup program? Makes me wonder what else is missing. Thanks again for trying to help me out. I probably won't buy any new OS from MS. I'll use 98 until it's non functional and then probably move to linux. Thanks again.
    Well then this probably means that your system is not letting you create that file. VS3D will create that file on startup if it doesn't exist (and if the operating system lets it do so). So your "error during licence check" is probably due the the program's failure to create the file (because the operating system prevented it).

So check the properties and settings on the folder (and all parent folders) to see if "write" priviledges are enabled.

PS: A linux version of VS3D is not out of the realm of possibilities. But I've got a number of things to do before anything along those lines would materialize.
    Daniel Carr - President,
    Designs Computed, LLC