586,082 active members*
3,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi X200?

Any reviews or thoughts on the Hitachi X200? I have a mill and lathe both are variable speed motors that I need to power from a single phase source. Neither machine need to really have total spindle speed control that the VFD offers but it might be nice later on. Looking to hopefully buy one setup to power both. Please forgive me but would the above VFD allow me to setup both machines in different setups? Also I see alot of SJ200 info it does cost more but would it be worth it to setup up to it instead? Also what are everyone's thoughts on the AC Tech products?

Thanks

Cool Hitachi sj200.

Quote Originally Posted by fritts View Post
    Any reviews or thoughts on the Hitachi X200? I have a mill and lathe both are variable speed motors that I need to power from a single phase source. Neither machine need to really have total spindle speed control that the VFD offers but it might be nice later on. Looking to hopefully buy one setup to power both. Please forgive me but would the above VFD allow me to setup both machines in different setups? Also I see alot of SJ200 info it does cost more but would it be worth it to setup up to it instead? Also what are everyone's thoughts on the AC Tech products?

Thanks
    I have the sj200 and I really like it. The low speed power is great because of the sensorless vector capabilities and I love the fact that you can set the motor speed from within mach3.

Works great on 1 phase input power.

It does allow for multiple profiles to be stored in the drive.

I have never used the ACtech stuff.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Based on what I'm using the machines for should I even be looking for a VFD. Or should I look for a rotary phase converter. I actually have a static phase converter but am not sure I could even start the lathe or mill because they both are 2 speed motors??? Any comments would be appreciated.