586,884 active members*
3,998 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Best for a Brother

A friend just bought a Brother CNC with conversational programing that I would like to write a few programs for. We have Mastercam V8 at work that I will use, but it doesnt have a post for this machine. So my question is what post that comes with mastercam would be good to start with (with a little modifying) to run this machine?

Thanks
    Tim

Its a Brother 227 with CNC 620 control. I done some searching on this site before I posted and came across nothing for this machine. Does Mastercam offer any conversational posts? When I get back to work after the holidays get in touch with our reseller and find out.

I don't think Mastercam supports Brother's converstional programming. My advise will be to upgrade the Brother control to NC (G&M code).

I didnt think mastercam supported brothers either, was wanting to know if another conversational post may be close enough to change to get to work. Called our reseller a few days ago with the same question, they havent got back to me yet.

We have a lot of Brothers where I work. If I remember right, the 227 wouldn't allow using G-Code - I think that started with the 229.
    The conversational language isn't too bad (not quite as good as Mazatrol anyway) but once you've written a few programs and gotten familiar with it, it is very fast.

Yes it has conversational programing. Its no problem doing some parts, but I want use them to do some neat play parts that are way to complex for hand programming. My boss doesnt mind for me to use our Fadals for personal work after hours, but it would be better to go to my buddys garage on the weekend and make some fun parts and shoot the bull for awhile. My buddy found the parts to change one of them to G Code, but its over 3 grand. Thats more than he gave for both machines with tooling.

Smile can anyone help me with Instruction manual for a tc-227

hi,
    i was hoping some would have the manuals for a tc-227
    that i can get a copy of.
    i bought a brothers tc-227 with no manual,
    can someone please help,
    thanks