587,263 active members*
3,418 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

I send our carbide end mills back to the manufacturer (Deboer), and they come back just like new. Sometimes it's worthwhile to check with the supplier if they offer re-grind services, prior to making and order. This ensures that you'll get the most out of the tool.

regards
    ----------------
    Can't Fix Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by cam1 View Post
    I send our carbide end mills back to the manufacturer (Deboer), and they come back just like new. Sometimes it's worthwhile to check with the supplier if they offer re-grind services, prior to making and order. This ensures that you'll get the most out of the tool.

regards
    Does anyone here use Niagara Cutter. I wonder if they have a resharpening program.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Does anyone here use Niagara Cutter. I wonder if they have a resharpening program.
    I know a couple of shops that use Niagara Cutters for aluminum but I've never heard of them resharpening the tools. No offense to Niagara but there are better carbide tools available for their prices O_o.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I know a couple of shops that use Niagara Cutters for aluminum but I've never heard of them resharpening the tools. No offense to Niagara but there are better carbide tools available for their prices O_o.
    I hear that. Shops here really don't buy them so I figured it was a good thread to ask.

Honestly DuraMills for the Price and Performance are good enough IMPO.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I hear that. Shops here really don't buy them so I figured it was a good thread to ask.

Honestly DuraMills for the Price and Performance are good enough IMPO.
    Do you run DuraMills whisperkut tools? Are you paying their list prices or... do you get some kind of discount?

$45 for a 3 flute 45 degree helix carbide tool for aluminum (coated in TiCN) from Niagara and that includes a 25% discount...

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Do you run DuraMills whisperkut tools? Are you paying their list prices or... do you get some kind of discount?

$45 for a 3 flute 45 degree helix carbide tool for aluminum (coated in TiCN) from Niagara and that includes a 25% discount...
    I have a few Whispers 1 Ball 3/8D and 2 .5D Flat. They cut nice but I am using them in my garage on a Bench top Mill. I don't own a CNC Mill or Lathe...yet. I have been making a few of my own tools and custom components for a few other gadgets. I buy the DuraMills from a local distributor called Blue Point Tool in Bohemia, NY.

They charge the advertised price on the Internet Catalog.

$55.20 for the half inch standard LOC
    $41.39 for the 3/8D Ball

Considering that they have gotten a lot of use in 300 series SS for 2 years the price is more than justified
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I have a few Whispers 1 Ball 3/8D and 2 .5D Flat. They cut nice but I am using them in my garage on a Bench top Mill. I don't own a CNC Mill or Lathe...yet. I have been making a few of my own tools and custom components for a few other gadgets. I buy the DuraMills from a local distributor called Blue Point Tool in Bohemia, NY.

They charge the advertised price on the Internet Catalog.

$55.20 for the half inch standard LOC
    $41.39 for the 3/8D Ball

Considering that they have gotten a lot of use in 300 series SS for 2 years the price is more than justified
    IMCO Powerfeed and Gorilla Mill tools are much cheaper than that and kick butt in 4130 and SS. In your application with a bench mill they would likely last just as long for a lower price. I haven't seen anything impressive about the DuraMill, just a bunch of patent this and patent that. Their testimonials aren't impressive to me either.