586,670 active members*
3,113 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need help ordering

I want to buy a VSD-xE drive. They look Fantastic! I e-mailed the finland address , requested a price for unit and shipping and am still waiting a week later for a response. This is the second time an email to finland was not answered.

I hope to drive Fanuc DC 5 and DC 10 servo motors on a cnc lathe

Here is some data for the DC 5 , The DC 10 data is about twice the DC5.

Fanuc DC 5
    Rated at stall torque 55Kg-cm
    Torque constant of 4.87Kg-cm/Amp which would equate to 11.3 amps
    The max speed is 2000rpm
    The BEMF constant is 50v/Krpm which means they are rated at ~100VDC.
    _____
    I do not require full output from the drives.
    Because I did poorly with some RUTEX 2020 drives , I am a little worried about things. Has anyone purchased a VSD-E ? Are they shipping the XE. ? How do I get in touch to place an order ?

They seem to take a few days to answer.

I am probably buying three e drives for a matsuura, pretty similar motors to yours. I said probably as I was tempted to buy 3 rutex drives.

I ordered my VSD-E's back in probably September. They were not released yet. I e-mailed Finland and got an invoice back via e-mail in a few days. I paid right up via pay-pal. My drives arrived about 2 or 3 weeks ago. They look very nice. Not wired and operational yet so I can't comment on their performance. I am sure they will be a big upgrade from the Gecko's I am used to using.

Scott

radiantheat,

Didn't you get the mail I sent on 8 Oct 2008? You may also use my alternative email address that I sent you by PM.

I think I might have a spam filter problem. I am setting up a new mail system, and will re-transmit my purchase order this weekend. Thanks for reply , looking forward to going forward !

Tero was going to send me a pdf invoice, I haven't heard anything since the 19th Nov. I haven't said anything as the exchange rate took a tumble and I keep watching it waiting for it to go back up, looks as though it's just continuing down!!

I need help ordering as well. I want to buy one of the VSD-xE's for a spindle servo motor. I read in one of the other posts that you can send pictures of your machine for a reduced price and I sent this to the finland email address with no reasponse? Would it just be better to buy one from Zeal CNC in NZ?

Fluxeon VSD-A Drives - Prompt Shipping

Dear Radiant Heat,
    I ordered 4 VSD-A(s) when they were first introduced in 2007. Tero was quick to respond to e-mails and quick to ship the hardware. They arrived without incident. They were neatly packaged, but I thought the box was a bit light-duty considering the value of the drives, and the fragile nature of electronics. I believe that Granite Drives is a reputable company and I would not hesitate to order from them. In fact I am a bit surprised that you and others are having trouble coresponding with them.
    PS: I must also mention that I have yet to wire up my drives, so I can not comment on their performance or reliablity. But I can say that they sure look nice and have been extremely efficient with respect to energy consumption
    Regards,
    Dan

I also had problems ordering mine. But once I finally got through, my VSD-E's were shipped in a few days.

I hope to install them in the next month.

Steve

The problems in responding quicly are happening because:
    • We are moving to new ERP system. At this moment we handle orders without any "system" which is a problem.
    • We are moving sales to distributors, which also consumes time but in the end will result to better and more localized service.

I expect the worst be over quite soon Don't hesitate to email us if you think nothing is happening.

I ordered !

I ordered my first unit in Jan. It took a few weeks for acknowledgment and shipment , but it arrived last week. looks well made, the X option heatsink is very 'cool'. will post again after I get it working.