586,493 active members*
2,145 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Random Stopping - E-Stop Issue

Well the machine tested out great over and over, I even ran it for an hour the first day just to check for issues. No it will run for just a few and go into e-stop. sometimes it's only half a sec and it etops. Other times it will run for 30 seconds or so the e-stop. What in the world is going on?

Evan
    Evan.
    "You're making WHAT?"

What controller are you using?

And did you wire the limit switches and E-stop NO, (normally open)? Could be shielding issues, easiest fix is to wire the limit swithes and E-stop normally closed. Most people will preach shielding and grounding... NC is the easiest fix.

no limit switched as of yet, but they are just jumped, so NC. The E-stop I donno but I will just try to emulate it in Mach three and see if it still trips.

Evan
    Evan.
    "You're making WHAT?"

Quote Originally Posted by EvanZ View Post
    no limit switched as of yet, but they are just jumped, so NC. The E-stop I donno but I will just try to emulate it in Mach three and see if it still trips.

Evan
    I belive there is a setting called debounce or something similar in mach3. It sets the time before mach will recognise a signal as valid. This will prevent spurious signals from geting in. I think that the default is set very low and you can bump it up significantly to help solve this problem. You don't want to set it to three seconds or something silly, but try doubling the setting that is there and see what happens.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Yup that's what it was all I did was disable the E-stop and run it emulated and it stopped the jazz right away. Now to try all the tricks.

Thanks
    Evan.
    "You're making WHAT?"

Someone reported in another thread that they fixed a limit switch problem similar to yours by changing the debounce from 100 to 2000, easiest fix and worth a shot.

And yes, I had the same problem, I rewired everything NC which is a lot more work, wished someone would have suggested the debounce when I had the problem. But everything is working fine under NC.