586,345 active members*
3,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any one with a large formate Laser engraver/cutter

Hi anyone here have a Large formate 4x8 Min laser engraver? I am looking at them and would like some abvise on what to look for. What is Flying Optics? also what are some brands of open table style laser engravers. I have looked at several 2x4 size from Universal and a 3x4 from laser pro. I just don't think the small size is what I want I would like to be able to cut full 4x8 sheet material on it. thanks in advance for your response.

anyone out here???? any suggestions or reasons to not get into a 4x8 laser? I am thinking the size and price may be too much for me to handel how about smaller lasers I am looking at the Universal 6.60 60 watt 18x32 any one have??

Quote Originally Posted by Dongxulasers View Post
    Price will be reasonable.
    Yes, but support will be horrible. I have read hundreds of posts regarding the major trouble getting Chinese lasers to work properly. Don't take my word for it, do a search here and on any other laser related forum.

Sorry I only support AMERICA not china

I'll buy american when I want the laser

I have used Vytek lasers for years, we have 2 of the rebel II series. they are 4x8 285 watts each. they have optical arms instead of flying optics. vytek is located in Boston, or just outside boston. I have been there for training on the FX laser we purchased for engraving. a plus for having flying optics is gantry weight. smaller and lighter gantry means the machine can be faster and more acurate. our fx laser is a 120 watt machine and it can out cut our rebel on small parts from 1/8 acrylic, we do small dogtag like parts and the fx cuts the same part in 2/3rds the time. I never realized how much acceleration and deceleration make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by KustomKoncepts View Post
    Sorry I only support AMERICA not china

I'll buy american when I want the laser
    That sounds good on paper but in reality you simply can't "buy American" anymore. I guarantee that virtually everything you come into contact with on a daily basis has components that are made in every country but the US.

Besides, how do we define "buy American"? If I buy something from a store in the US, am I not supporting an American? Does it have to be "made in America, with only American parts" to qualify as "buy American"?

What brand of car do you drive? It doesn't matter if it's a Chevy, Ford or Dodge, they all have "foreign" parts in them. Even if it's a Toyota, it was probably assembled here by Americans - does that count as "American"?

All that said - I am not a fan of the Chinese lasers, not because they are Chinese, but because they are not of the quality that I need for a business. And the support is horrible, from what I have seen. Japanese cars were horrible back in the 70's but I wouldn't buy an American car today if it was half the cost of a comparable Japanese car - why? My Toyota Camry has over 200k and my Scion has 25K - not a lick of trouble with either one. Can't say the same for most American cars. Give the Chinese a few years and they may have a quality product, just not now, not for me.

Don't take this as me being anti-American, I bleed red, white and blue, but I live in a world where almost everything we touch is, in part at least, from somewhere else...

Gary