Hey everybody!

This is my first post on cnczone so be gentle with me!

I have a Cincinnati Milacron 750 with Acramatic 850sx control. Randomly today the spindle stopped working. I had just put some new blanks in ready to be end milled (from what I gather a nice simple job...) and when i pressed the cycle start button the program started but the spindle didnt start spinning. It made a noise like the motor was trying to engage but then the machine clamps kicked in and the control displayed this message "Spindle Drive Fault" - Error Number 16541.

I am a complete beginner with this machine and have no idea what could be wrong. from a quick look through the forum on here I suddenly felt out of my depth lol.

It is strange because the machine was and has been working perfectly for the last couple of months! (my boss only bought it then)

Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, is there a directory of the error numbers for this machine? We also have a Fanuk OT lathe and in the manual for that there is a list of error codes and a brief explanation of what the error is. I have looked in the milacron manuals but I cant find them anywhere!

Thanks in advance,

Pete