586,361 active members*
3,453 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FAGOR 8055M 3Axis Controller

Hi All
    I am unable to Jog in the Y and Z direction with the HANDWHEEL when operating on a Incline Plane (G49)
    Can any other person using a Fagor 8055M Controller on a 3Axis mill confirm they are also having the same problem?
    The code to test. eg: G49 A45 B45

and to cancel Incline Plane: G49

Confirmation of this problem will be appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    Kiwi
    NZ

It hass been a while, but When I used the G49 function it only was for 5 axis. I also seem to think that they way you are calling it up is wrong. I also believe it goes into incremental movement with the G49 command. Let me see if I can find an old post. Ohh wait.

G49T
    g1/2/3
    etc etc
    G49

Try that.. I would expect it to be incremental so be prepared if you have something prepared in absolute coordinates.

BTW how are you getting the extra palne, or are you trying to cut on a surface at a angled surface at a controlled depth?

Kmed

Unable to run your code, couldn't to enter g1/2/3

I have run my piece of code and able to Jog with the Handwheel in the X direction and can also jog (XYZ) from the controller.

I'ts the Y and Z with the HANDWHEEL that is the problem only.

To position the cutter perpendicular to the incline plane I have a Swivel-Head which I have made. It can be rotated 360deg (Z axis (C)) and swivel 180deg (X axis (A) or Y axis (B)) which I position manually.

Thank you for your help.
    Kiwi
    NZ

sorry. the g1/2/3 was meant to be a single command

g1z-1F15

Do you manually position the swivel head? Or are you trying to use the a and b as axis?

I would probably give Fagor a call on that one. Also what revision are you running of the control a,b, or c. We had 2 c's and one a. The a would not accept the G49.

Kmed

I position the swivel head manually to be perpendicular to the new plane.
    I am not rotating my part on any axis.
    To get the incline plane into the controller I run :
    G49 A45 B45
    The incline plane is now created in the controller (45deg on X axis (A) and 45deg on Y axis (B).)
    All movements from now on are orientated to this new plane until cancelled with:
    G49 or
    G49 A0 B0 C0

I understand my version is 'C'
    I have been back to the supplier who are talking to Fagor.
    It was said my software should not have a problem as this had never been reported before.
    I am trying to establish if any other people are having the same problem.

Thanks
    Kiwi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SwivelHead.jpg  

I guess the difference may be that the machine I was using already had the a and b axis, so when the 49T was put in, it took the positinal information of the B/C axis (A was tool changer) and put the plane in perpendicular. If I remember we did have some similar problems with the hand controller, that was fixed in the PLC. Not sure if it had to do with the G49 command or something else.

One way that you could get around this for the present time would to be touch off the part, and then program an xyz move in and out, without the G49 command. DO your jog buttons work on the machine? Is the pendant in the correct selection position? Cant think of anything else that may possibly be benificial to you as of now.

Kmed

The jog buttons for the XYZ movements on the machine (controller) all work OK.
    I'm also able to run code and all of the machining cycles (drilling, boring, profile, surface, rectangle & circular pockets etc.) under inclined plane.
    It's only jogging with the handwheeel in Y & Z. I believe all the selections are correct as there is no problem with the X direction.
    I'm not stuck, but I like to touch off the part in the Z direction using the handwheel.

Thankyou for your help
    Kiwi

Hi All

Thanks to all who offered help.
    I have solved my problem which turned out to be a error in the PLC program.

Cheers
    Kiwi