586,807 active members*
8,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

100VDC 12 Amp SSR's

Hi All,

I just received a couple of SSR's. They are Crydoms with 3.5 - 32V actuation voltage. On them is written 100V 12A. The number on them is D1D12, if that helps.

It isn't written on them, but when I got them I was informed they are 100 VDC 12 Amps.

The big question is: Can they be used for 115 VAC at 7 Amps ?????

If not, I will have to actually buy some AC SSR's.

Thanks for any info,

Al

I think you will find the DC ones use IGBT dc switching method, whereas the AC version uses SCR, The IGBT are uni-directional devices (DC), SCR are bi-directional, (AC).
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    I think you will find the DC ones use IGBT dc switching method, whereas the AC version uses SCR, The IGBT are uni-directional devices (DC), SCR are bi-directional, (AC).
    Al.
    Thanks for the info, Al. I guess you get what you pay for. At least I'll have them if the need for DC relays ever arises.

Al

A fairly cheap trick in order to use them, is to use a bridge rectifier, place the output of SSR across the + & - of the bridge, observing the polarity.
    Wire the bridge from the AC supply, but place the AC device you wish to be switched in series with the Hot lead of the AC to the bridge, either AC lead will work, but the hot side is good practice.
    Al.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    A fairly cheap trick in order to use them, is to use a bridge rectifier, place the output of SSR across the + & - of the bridge, observing the polarity.
    Wire the bridge from the AC supply, but place the AC device you wish to be switched in series with the Hot lead of the AC to the bridge, either AC lead will work, but the hot side is good practice.
    Al.
    Thanks Al,

I happen to have a couple of 20 amp bridge rectifiers. If I do it right, you won't hear the sirens of the fire engines coming to my home to try and save it from my handy work.

Al

Try it with a lamp first, this way you will see if there is any flicker, if so you may have to abandon it, I have not used this method with an IGBT device before, just a Triac.
    You should not blow anything though.
    Al.

Albert E.