586,369 active members*
3,375 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1994 Bridgeport V2XT/ SX 15 CONTROL

Hi everybody.
    I bought this machine last year and the upgrades are as
    follows. New mother board kit from EMI and new x & y drives boards also from EMI. Also I had my x servo motor rebuilt. If you think all that was expensive it was! All this hardware was installed by a Bridgeport factory Tech from the DB2 repair group here in Michigan. From the
    begining I was having voltage issues from my phase converter so I had that rebuilt and now thats perfect. Now I got the machine up and running except for one thing. When I jog the x axis I get a drive fault just about every time I jog it. I did change the rapid default feed rate from 200 to 100 and that seemed to help. I also tried running a dry run sample program and it ran for about 15 minutes until I get a drive fault. Its only the x axis when I jog it though and usually only when I do a rapid jog.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks

model maker

check your gibs maybe their may be something in your lead screw or the gibbs adjustment is too tight

Swap the drive and see if the problem follows the drive. IF so, the drive may have the amp/torqke setting afoul. IF it follows the motor, sent the motor to Clarkson in CHicago. THis guy is the BEST for SEM motor as he is the factory rep for SEM in the USA. We recently sent him a motor to rebuild A/R. He tested it and sent it back NO CHARGE as it was OK as its.

Some OEM MSI drives used with SEM motors had a problem with the optoisolator going bad that drives the fault circuit back to the BMDC. You can replace the drive for big bucks or replace the optoisolator for a few dollars. That might be the fix if is a drive issue. Your service tech should have adjusted the torque limit of the drive if he did a PROPER tune of your servo's when he was there. I dunno if the MSI info above pertains to EMI replacement boards.

Hello Anybody have the BOSS (bridgeport operator system software) for this Machine?
    V2xt sx

Your best bet would be to contact EMI they carry software and software upgrades for most of the old Bridgeport controls