586,655 active members*
3,136 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Zip's Mini shop shed
Page 2 of 3 123
    Bummer! Failed inspection! He named 3 things(unfortunetly I wasn't there)
    (1) no over lap on the corners of the top plate ( You can't over lap it because you have a parallel wall meeting a angled wall so I used 3x6 tie plates which he couldn't see because they're sandwiched between 2x4's)
    (2) couldn't see my 4' o.c. augers on the east side( this was supposed to be a framing inspection, the augers were inspected in the foundation inspection and on the eastside they were covered by the flooring.)
    (3) Didn't use H2x5d straps on plate to rafters( my fault here as I went by a different set of blue prints that had the roofing details and they just used a straight strap going up the wall stud into the top plate and then into the rafters.)
    However after a quick trip to the Building Dept. one of the ladies called him up(he had went home already) and he gave the OK to go and felt the roof as I was worried as we have a hurricane in the Atlantic as of now. So Monday I hope to have a word with him and at least straighten out the first two things.

Depending on his mood, he may let it slide. Especially since it's just an outbuilding. When you start adding plumbing and electrical, they tighten up quite a bit. Good luck with it. I'll keep watching your progress.
    Lee

SSWWEEETTT!!! Inspection passed!! This time a different one came out and he was way kool, we knew a lot of the same people and talked awhile. As soon as I get it painted , the pics shall come!!

Well the outside is just about complete...

just need to finish the roll roofing which I'll have fun doing that today and paint the door and install the door knob and dead bolt. Later I,ll add a door to the back side too.

looking good man !
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Kool passed the final and now I just finished 2/3rds of the electrical. I'll post some pics when I finish the inside. I have 2 days to finish it so I can move my toys in there, otherwise I'll have to pay for another months rent($285) at the storage facility.

Well progress has been made, floor is freshly painted!!!

The unfinished wall in the second pic is where a door is going, probably next week. More to come.......

Hey, stop. You are supposed to move in with everything semi-finished and plan on doing the finishing when you get around to it.

You are making me feel inferior; last week I finally finished the painting in my home workshop that I started about six years ago.

I do have to admit (very grudgingly I will have you know ) that it is a very well done job.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Oh don't worry it won't be completely done by the time I start bringing stuff in which will be this Tuesday.(got a couple of extra days from the place I rented my old shop from)

thats pretty sweet
    where are you mounting the big screen and don't forget the beer fridge
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Got everything moved in..

just need to put another door in, one window and an AC unit. Here's a shot of my glass shop ..down from 12x30 to 10x 20 but it will work and is half the cost of my old shop...

Nice work, Zip!

That went fast, too - probably one of your goals.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Yeah I had get everything out of the old place to avoid extra charges. Now hopefully the wife will get me some of those kool shop bar stools from BigLots and that will add some finishing touches.

Very nice
    Watching your build come together has been a bit inspirational for me to get off my duff and get more of mine done
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

Maaaan! that is some very nice work.

Respect!
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Very nice Zip! Congratulations! Good Job!

CR.

Thanx guys, Total cost around $2800!!

Shop Update, rear doors installed with small wire glass windows and front door has a window installed

Clamp rack

more to come...

great job , you've utilized the space quite well

wow
    Looks great
    I don't see any material storage, do you have any?
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

Page 2 of 3 123