586,471 active members*
3,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Invalid R in G0

please help if you can, was running Haas VF2 machine fine, now every MasterCam program that I up load gives me the " Invalid R in G0 " message, what changed? and how do I fix it. thank you so much!!! dean

Could you tell us the exact alarm number?

I don't find any reference to "Invalid R in G0". I found "Invalid R in G02 or G03". If this is the alarm, the R value may be too small. It has to be > or = 1/2 the distance between the start and end points of the arc.

Another possibility is you're not getting a G0 or G1 output after a circular move.

Smile Thank you very much!!!

I have been poking around with the machine and the MasterCam program for a while today, I noticed that all my offsets, ( G54 and TLO's ) have to be changed to get the machine to run,do you know what would cause this? I think MasterCam is doing it but I don't know why or how. thanks for any input and help. dean

Maybe MasterCam was posting to the centerline of the tool then a setting was changed and it's now posting to the tool radius line?

Are you trying to do cutter compensation in the Control rather than Computer? If you're trying to cut a .25" pocket radius and the cutter radius is greater than .25, I think it coughs out that error. Make sure that the cutter radius and wear values add up to less than the arc you're trying to cut.
    Greg

If you are using M.C. X or newer there should be a Haas post processor that will not output "R" values, it will be "I" and "J" values, I would start there, but it doesn't make sense to me why you would get invalid "R" in a rapid move?

Greg I think you can stop calling yourself CNC nOOb, I give you permission, Robert

Talking Thank you all

Thanks for the help gentlemen, I really appreciate that you took the time to help a struggling noob. dean

Quote Originally Posted by littlerobb View Post
    If you are using M.C. X or newer there should be a Haas post processor that will not output "R" values, it will be "I" and "J" values, I would start there, but it doesn't make sense to me why you would get invalid "R" in a rapid move?
    I couldn't find my post to reference the problem but I shared a story about this and answered somebody else's problem that was similar. In my case, the output was choking on helical entries into pockets. I was having a problem with 360 degree arc moves and was trying to correct it with a change to the post.

What I discovered is that in MCX and later, there is a setting within Mastercam that controls how it outputs Arc moves to the post. I had to tell it to break arcs every 180 degrees. That's also where you get the choice for IJ or R type arcs. The post handled both but depended on Mastercam to decide which get passed to it. This was the other thing I was going to suggest looking at, but I'd check the actual cutter radius and programmed geometry first.

Quote Originally Posted by littlerobb View Post
    Greg I think you can stop calling yourself CNC nOOb, I give you permission, Robert
    Thanks, Robert, but compared to some of the guys on here, I will always be a nOOb.
    Greg