586,936 active members*
2,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Shizuka CNC Mill Z Axis is in-accurate please help

Shizuka CNC Mill Z Axis is in-accurate please help

Hello everyone, I have a Shizuka 3 axis mill with a Centroid CNC4E controller. I am having trouble with the Z axis depth. It goes to far down. It looks like it goes about .4 to deep. I really don't know why it is doing this. I am using bobcad V22 with this, so I don't know if the problem is in the program or machine. If anyone could give me a few pointers I would verry much so appreciate it. It's been driving me crazy, we invested over $1000 in the bobcad and have'nt even been able to use it.

is it always .4 deeper?could be a tool offset you forgot to zero in the control
    check ur tool catalog for the number tool ur using,start there,if it was a mechanical error
    i dont think it would repeat and be .4 everytime,maybe ur pciking up on the wrong spot
    is ur part zero same as the cad file.well,hope will help
    good luck

Latest problem stopped me in my tracks

Hello and thank you for the response, since yesterday it appears now that I am having problems with the computer. It boots up and goes to the centroid control screen, but the menu won't come up. It looks like it is stuck. What it's supposed to do is boot up and then I press enter and a list 1-9 comes up of options to select from. Such as "run auto", "run immediate", a few other "run" programs, "edit", and "setup". All it is doing is when I press enter or esc. is showing the first option and just rolling through the other ones on the same line so fast that I can't even see them. I will post a g-code program also, but now this is another problem I must take care of first. Again thank you for your help.

Hello everyone, I wanted to post sooner, but somethings came up. I have been piddling around with this thing and found out that the reason my program freezes up or locks up and does'nt all the way load is because of a error on the floppy boot disk. Now the next challenge is going to be finding another boot disk. This is an older controller that runs standard g-code. The program that is on this boot disk is "cencomm boot diskette 3.72" by centroid and this I think is going to be a pain to get. If anyone has this program and would part with it I would really appreciate or even if they know where to get one. After I get the disk then I will get back to the z axis problem. Thanks everybody