587,047 active members*
2,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Servo problems

Any one can help me?, i bought the 3 axis Nema 34 servo pack from Keling , but saldy i cant get a good movement from servos, i tuned the pids from g320, all i could, and got the best i could, but the problem is the servos moves with a clog clog clog, i using the usdigital encoders that came with the package 500 cpr im using direct drive, but, is that the resolution of a servo? becouse i see and feel a clog clog clog clog but when i cut something i see a annoying marks in the pieces the clog clog clog marks.

Im sure is not mechanism since i switched from steppers, the old steppers that were hooked to that mechanism, and steppers had much more resolution even in 1/2 resolution!!!, no marks and all ok, only noise thats why decided change to servos

I need help, can be any interference on encoders? im using 3.5 meters of cable since machine is 3x2 meters, i changed 3 times cables moved all but still the clog clog clog,

Need a reduction? i repeat with steppers i get good results even at 1/2 resolution

Mariss from Gecko: 1 of the Gecko drivers G320 has stoped definitely anly keeps Fault light on and i cant get anymore the servolock (i mean servos doesnt even energized) i changed the cables changed everything servo, changed encoder but only fault, when made fist test it worked good, but suddenly it stopped and moved like 1/4 of spin by himself and then stopped forever and only fault thing.

Thank you is any can help me!

Hi Sir
    You cannot do that without adding reduction gearing when using servo motors!

www.kelinginc.net

So reduction gearing is needed to move a gantry using servomotor to get slow speeds?

Thanks