587,035 active members*
2,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Can i Get Info on a Chinnese Plasma Table

Can i Get Info on a Chinnese Plasma Table

Hi. I Know very little about Plasma cutting not to mention cnc plasma cutting .
    However ever I'm toying with the idea of buying a plasma table. as I only will use this as a hobby ,I therefore cant afford to spend a lot on a table.

Can anyone out there give me any information on a SD-P1325 Plasma table .
    it seems to be manafactured by Jinan Sudiao CNc Router Co LTD.

Has any of you bought this type of machine. its priced at a little over $8900 and this is what drew my attention to it .

I would appreciate your help

DCP

I'll try to be as diplomatic as possible....For a person that has never used CNC or plasma one of the major assets you will need to purchase is support and knowledge. I doubt you will get much of either with the product and source you list. You will be outside of the mainstream of help from this list or any other, and the hardware and software will be up to you to learn.

Here are some dirty little secrets about CNC Plasma cutting:

The process is a LOT more complex than most other contact cutting. There are a dozens or more parameters that all effect the quality of cut and life of your consummables that are not obvoius. It's up to the electronics to adjust for the complexity.
    Over half of the equation is software. You need to have a keen grasp of the process to draw, convert, setup toolpaths and load that to the machine. You WILL need help with one or all of these processes at some point and having access to someone that can answer the questions is critical. CNC plasma is definitely not like drawing and printing a design.

Depending on the size table you want to buy, do some more research. If you can use a smaller format table (4ft X 4ft) there are new technologies that are going to make that price range with full electronics (including Digital Torch Height Control) achievable...perhaps even a lot lower; all using software and hardware that you can get support on and even low cost replacements.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com

to add to what Tom is saying also realize that shipping will add another $3~4K to that, the voltage is most likely going to be a problem and wont match where you live so you'll have to get a transformer with it. Quallity from China is hit and miss, i've worked on a lot of chinese made paper cutters, they were all from the same factory, some were great and some made very good boat anchors.

Shipping a 20 foot Container from China to Vancouver will run you in the 1200 dollar range, So its best to fill it up... Looks like an all right machine... You shouldn't have to worry about voltage as everything we buy comes from China i am sure they have that down by now.. You may need to learn to speak broken chinese for tech support..... Email them and ask if the have a US distributor setup... Or a quick call to the manufacfturer(o0ps) see what they have to say! I purchased my table locally because I thought tech should be better , will I should of bought a plasmacam, or torchmate out of the US.. My support has been less than stellar... My table is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Pure-Powder View Post
    Shipping a 20 foot Container from China to Vancouver will run you in the 1200 dollar range, So its best to fill it up... Looks like an all right machine... You shouldn't have to worry about voltage as everything we buy comes from China i am sure they have that down by now.. You may need to learn to speak broken chinese for tech support..... Email them and ask if the have a US distributor setup... Or a quick call to the manufacfturer(o0ps) see what they have to say! I purchased my table locally because I thought tech should be better , will I should of bought a plasmacam, or torchmate out of the US.. My support has been less than stellar... My table is fine!
    he lives in ireland btw, but where do you get the price of $1200 to ship a container, you gotta let me know ive been looking and most people didnt even want to deal with it. Is that including the container rental? Voltage is a problem a lot of their stuff is manufactured for 380v

I got the shipping quote from a company in china the builds small ATV'S thats what they would ship a container for... they never mentioned any thing about rental...