586,379 active members*
3,616 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

X won't reverse when hits home ?

I have my home switches all set up and they work fine with one exception, the X hits the home sw. and stops. I does not reverse off of it. The Z and Y do reverse off their sw's. The home LED in diagnostics remains lit for the X (until I jog it off of the sw.)

I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem but the X is the only axis I had to set reversed in Homing/Limts.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Thanks

This happened to me and I had the wires on the wrong pins, normally closed or open.
    Not sure if that is what you have also. Or change out the x & y to troubleshoot wiring?
    Hope this helps,
    Dr Pete

Thanks but that can't be it, all three are wired normally closed and operate properly as the yellow "LED's" light only when they are activated.

And Mach references them all home and auto zeros all three axis's.

Try going to the config menu, then General Config. In the Debounce Interval (top right), entering a number (eg 2000) and try homing again. I had the same issue with my Z axis, which I managed to solve using this method.

You Know, I have another window open with the Mach3 manual pdf and read about that just a little while ago and had decided "I'll try messing around with that after my X2 gets through running".

It's milling a mold right now (0.020 DOC per pass) and it's going to be late tonight before it's done so I'll try that tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the info and help,

Steve

The macline have any tipe of rotary encoder encoder? if yes maybe the reference of the encoder(if the encoder have reference!!!) is posicioned to close of sw point. if you displace a litle bit the sw must solve this question...but if is this case is noting wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by craigspc View Post
    Try going to the config menu, then General Config. In the Debounce Interval (top right), entering a number (eg 2000) and try homing again. I had the same issue with my Z axis, which I managed to solve using this method.
    That did it. I set debounce to 200 and it seems to work just fine now. Thanks for the help,

Steve