586,744 active members*
4,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc OM-PMC to PC cable detail

Hi everybody,
    I would like to know pin details or cable connection detail for communicating PC to PMC of Fanuc OM series.For this wether i should use RS232 or RS 422. Also please let me know wether i should use M5 or M74 on memory board to communicate.
    I will be thanking you for your efforts for replying this.
    Thanks Again
    Dinesh:

Use the 3 wire version.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Wink CNC Viking

Hi everybody,

This is only my second post to this great forum which I visit several times daily.

Al, that was a very instructive PDF you posted! I know this is not Fanuc OM-related but I liked your PDF format. Feel free to move my post to the Mitsubishi forum if you think it is the correct thing to do. Do you happen to have one of those PDF's for the Mitsubishi Meldas 520 AMR control as well? By the way, what does code letter "R" mean in AMR?

I recently bought a used VMC, (Feeler FV-800 produced in Sept. 1996), which will be checked, re-painted and ready for power-up in a few weeks time. It came with a 9-pin to 25-pin D-sub type unshielded 5-wire RS 232C cable. The original owner says that the dealer's technician built it when the machine was delivered new and that it worked OK with his PC.

I just want to be sure that it is connected the right/optimal way. Can you look at this and comment it, because some of the connections do not make sence to me? What parameter settings do you recommend for this particular control?

RS232 Cable
    CNC: 25-pin D-sub Male / PC: 9-pin D-sub Female

1 not in use/ 1 not in use
    2-----2
    3-----3
    4+5jumpered at 25-pin end
    6-----4
    7-----5
    20----6
    7+8 jumpered at 9-pin end
    9 not in use at 9-pin end

I plan to use a Westermo EDW-100 Ethernet-to-RS232 adapter that will also provide galvanic isolation as a bonus. I believe that in this case I need to set the "computer parameters" in the RS232-adapter instead.

I will make a new fresh RS232-cable to use between the RS232-adapter and the CNC port, using the needed amount of wires in a CAT 5e Foiled Twisted Pair Cable (the same I use in my Ethernet wiring).

Regards,
    Peter

Hi Al,
    I tried 3 wire system cable already.I get time out alarm. I believe there should be different cable for old model PMC like K/L/M/P. With this 3 wire system I am able to communicate with latest PMC like SA1/RA1 to SB7.Please let me know if you are sure that with the cable you recomended will communicate to PMC for K/L/M model. Or you are able to communicate with PMC with this cable. I am sure that this cable is working for parameter/part program down/up loading.
    Please help me.
    Thank you very much.
    regards
    dinesh

FANUC 0M-B FAPT LADDER I FOR PMC L

fanuc OM O you don`t transmit to pmc for cable RS232 0r 485 you nee copy the ladeer in eeprom. only you trasmit ladder with RS232 Fanuc series OMI A/B/C/D