586,179 active members*
2,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > SENDING PROGRAM FROM MCX TO OKUMA OSP U10M

SENDING PROGRAM FROM MCX TO OKUMA OSP U10M

Hi, i dont know if i can send the cnc program from mastercamx without using any dnc program or windows hyperterminal to the cnc, is a okuma cadet mate v4020 with osp u10m, and what settings are needed.

Txs.

Mastercam has there own editor that has communications built into it. Cimco editor should also be included in the install and has communications built into it.

As for the settings you will need to look at the parameters on your machine tool and see what it is configured to. Once you do this then you can set the settings to match in the editor you choose to communicate with.

You should be able to find info in your machine manuals for RS-232 communications. If you cannot find them there then I would recommend calling your machine tool dealer and talking with one of there tech people to assist you.

Hope this helps

Alex
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

If it is just Mastercam X all the way to X2 there is no Cimco until after that or if it is V9 or earlier. then you have te option. mastercam has it its editor and also has an Icon in MCX for DNC.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .