I'll have to install classic ladder to try it out. It sounds a little over my head though. I might save it for my last resort. All the probe move does is move til it hits something and record its position. What I want to do is, jog to where I want my x,y origin to be > set up my touch off plate > press a button > and whalla! my coordinates are set and all I have to do is start my program.

I double checked the integrators manual and it says, "Sometimes the user wants to add more complicated tasks to be performed by the activation of a
HAL pin. This is possible using the following MDI commands scheme"
That's why I expected something more customizable like running a few lines of g code or logic functions.

As for the O codes, I thought they were used on a line by themselves. So they're used in place of a value in a G code line instead? How do you think I could use that to squeeze two lines of g code from one MDI command? Calling a file seems like my best bet. I'll try running a simple o code statement tonight just to see if I can get one to work.

As an alternative, would the hal file accept if then statements? I'm a little fuzzy on weather or not it flows like a regular programming language, or does it just keep track of pin connections? whew.. My laptop battery just died and this is still here. Thank you vista. On a second glance, is that what ladder logic is for, to add logic flow to a list of connections?

Thanks for being patient with me, this is a lot to take in. And to think, all I want to do is get one button to run two lines of g code so I don't have to press two buttons.