586,847 active members*
2,338 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNCmachines6090 GOOD OR NO GOOD?

Is anyone using this router?

http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCmachines6090.html

I am wondering if there is a shop here in Central AZ that I can contact and see how good this machine is?

Would also like to hear form the company that sells it.
    I've email them already but though I place the question here as well.

Is the machine made in China? or Here in the USA?

Ball Screws or ACME and BSA nuts? Rails? Round Square?

From the spec on the site seems that a retrofit is done in house to these machines to make them work with Mach 3.

I am asking all these questions because I cannot afford to experiement with products. I need to get my shop back in motion and need a good small CNC router or a quick retrofit to my existing router as my other posts indicate.

What type of controller comes with it?

What are people using it for?

I like the size and the spindle looks interesting , water cooled? air driven perhaps? and it could be a nice upgrade to my existing MAXPATH42 that I've been having issues with lately.

TIA

Brand New CNC Router Engraving Machine with Mach3 Controller,
    1.5KW Spindle + 1.5 KW Variable Frequency Drive

We changed this machine to Mach3 controlled Syetem.

Machine Size: 960 x1320 x1200 mm

Working size X,Y,Z : 600 x 900 x 100mm ( about 23.6" x 35.4" x
    3.9")

Working speed : 3m-8m/min

Resolution: 0.05mm

Mach3 Controller, with Mach3 License software

Spindle Power Motor: 1.5KW, Water-Cooled

Water Pump with Tank

Spindle Speed: 0-24000rpm w/VFD, AC220V/50Hz

X, Y, Z axis driver: Stepper Motor Driver

X, Y Z Limit Switch

6 Axis Breakout Board Optical Isolated

E- Stop

Wood Packing Size: 1380 x 1090 x 1400 mm

Ok did a little more research and found the Machine is made in China, but I am still trying to find out what the available options come or are avaiable with this machine?

Type of Power required?
    Air cooled spindle requires water lines? or self contained?
    I have no working experience with water cooled spindles? Better than a Porter Cable 2 HP router or similar?
    Type of tooling supplied, Collet size? IS this metric, american, chineese?
    Is this Machine adaptable to ATC? what does this look like? How does this mount?

If anyone is running this machine, what is your application and are there any
    issues in running it with Mach 3?

Visually it looks right for all the right reasons:
    Covered motors and perhaps covered ways and leadscrews with what looks like bellows ot brushed tracks. Spindle covered looks clean, machine support looks solid. Bed looks like slotted or rubberized in some pictures I've seen. Could be a sacrificial mat? Not sure on the balls screws?

The ypical question anyone interested in purchasing one would ask I guess.

Any thoughst, suggestions? TIA

That machine is 600x900x100 and $4,999.

Did you consider ShopBot if you want Made in the USA ? The ShopBot buddy is 610x810x130 and $4995.
    http://www.shopbottools.com/shopbot_buddy.htm

I don't have a 'bot' but there are a lot of people using them, and they seem to provide good after sales support through their forum:
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/mes...rd-topics.html

Quote Originally Posted by thkoutsidthebox View Post
    That machine is 600x900x100 and $4,999.

Did you consider ShopBot if you want Made in the USA ? The ShopBot buddy is 610x810x130 and $4995.
    http://www.shopbottools.com/shopbot_buddy.htm

I don't have a 'bot' but there are a lot of people using them, and they seem to provide good after sales support through their forum:
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/mes...rd-topics.html

I appreciate the links interesting machine.

I looked at it, I knew about the shopbot from about 8 years ago, but I forgot about them, pehaps its because I am not a woodworker, and the machine seems to be geared towrds woorworkers mainly, so my application is a bit unique and different. Also something always didnt quite agree with me and the way the shopbot looks. Maybe I am missing something about the machine, impressive video at least the last part it is cutting pretty clean and fast, but I am sure also that setup is the more expensive version. I like the fact that the machine is American made and it looks like it has a good fan club, but it looks a bit cluttered in the construction, but maybe it just my eye for detail and preference to machines that look clean, no exposed mechanics, also the frame looks like it is made from various types of materials, a bit distracting, this would definitely bother me every day since I would be looking at the machine every day, and although I am sure it is is already a proven machine, it looks like a machine in development, once again I think this might be a personal, eye for clean detail, thing. Compared to the pic above , that one looks extremely clean, however I don't know much about it yet, but searching...

My concern also with the Shopbot is, that a lot of the mechanics are exposed, as many CNC routers appear to be, especially DIY ones, including the K2 machines and the one I have been having troubles with, lately, the MAXPATH42.

I cut composite materials in a wet bed, of my own design, and although I have been able to control the water splashing, there is always some water mist that gets to the mechanics, reason for favoring an mechanically enclosed and clean router.

If I had time to design and build my own, I would build exactly what I need, and that is an option, but not right now. So I am willing to sacrifice a bit of risk in a machine that may be a bit unknown, but at least it looks as if it might be worhtwhile. If I can get more information on the one in the picture above and it satisfies to my needs, I might just bite the bullet! , it certaintly is within my budget, so that is one foot in the door alreay, but I am still holding the door open with both hands.

I am open to opinions and suggestion... but I need to make a decision in the next 3 days though... and I am sucking up as much info as I can posibbly and humanly do, so that my final decision is hopefully a sound one.