587,002 active members*
2,675 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > shopping for a precision tool room cnc lathe

shopping for a precision tool room cnc lathe

I am in the market for a precision tool room lathe. Is it possible to get a hardinge with a Fagor control. We are already running on a bridgeport with a fagor 8040. If so where can i pick one up? HAs anyone run a GANESH?

Quote Originally Posted by star1280 View Post
    I am in the market for a precision tool room lathe. Is it possible to get a hardinge with a Fagor control. We are already running on a bridgeport with a fagor 8040. If so where can i pick one up? HAs anyone run a GANESH?
    Ganesh Machinery has really evolved into a great machine at a good price.... I know from working with many of their customers directly, that the machines have really worked out well for them !

Another company you might want to look at is Summit Machine Tool in Oklahoma city..... they have a variety of lathes with Fagor CNC systems on them, they might have what you are looking for, as does Clausing Industrial in Kalamazoo Michigan. Cubic Machinery in Southern California has some high performance CNC Turning centers with Fagor controls as well that might work out for you.

If you are specifically looking for a Hardinge Chucker with a Fagor on it, I can find a new or used one.... just hold on until Monday, and I'll give you an option or two back in this thread.

hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Todd

Thanks Todd, Ideally we would like a hardinge chucker with fagor, question is now can we even get it through the 26" door?

I will call around to the other places as well, especially summit (second time hearing their name).

Hass said they could only offer me their office lathe OL-1....anyone use one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by star1280 View Post
    Thanks Todd, Ideally we would like a hardinge chucker with fagor, question is now can we even get it through the 26" door?

I will call around to the other places as well, especially summit (second time hearing their name).

Hass said they could only offer me their office lathe OL-1....anyone use one of these?
    We had a brand new showroom just a few months back, but we let it go for pennies..... it had never cut a piece of metal, was just used for light training/demonstration purposes in the showroom. Just missed out on that one.

We have customers that have them..... I'll give you contact information on Monday. As far as the 26"..... Not sure, but I think the chuckers can by coming in sideways, but its probably close. I'll let you work that out with any potential vendors.

Sorry, I have no experience with the Haas OL-1.

Have a great weekend !

correction 36" door

without door frame i can get 40"

Hi,

The below is a company that offers a small hardinge type chucker (Not sure if he uses Hardinges or not)......I know his machines are very affordable and he has some small footprint machines that should be able to get your door, but not sure.

Babin Machine Tool
    14 Upland Rd
    Brockton MA 02301
    Ph # 508-588-9189

I hope this helps !!

Sincerely,
    Todd

Beautiful! They are going to try and see what they can do to beef up a Hardinge and slap a Fagor on it. Thanks Todd. My other top choices were the HassT2 because of the larger chuck and good torque since we run into SS but we cant seem to figure out how to get it in the 60"x96" elevator with a 45" door and 36" room door frame. The runner up was the Ganesh GT-1328CNC but again dimensionally its probably not possible unless someone has a bright idea. Summit and clausing didn't have anything short enough. Cubic's diameters were small and more for a production run.

Ganesh will actually custom make their chip pan so i can get it into the door so now i am more leaning towards this machine. Has anyone heard much on it?

You might want to check the load capacity of the elevator.

It would be a shame to load it into the elevator at the ground floor and have the elevator slowly sink to the basement. (Ask me how I know.)

Ken
    Kenneth Lerman
    55 Main Street
    Newtown, CT 06470

your absolutely rt, max is 4000lbs so this is limiting me on selections as well

I just bought a GANESH GT-1628 WITH THE SYNTEC EZ-4012-ME control. It comes standard with CSS, Teach and a lot of features that are options on the Southwestern Industries CNC/Manual engine lathes Trax Control. The Ganesh machine comes with the tailstock, coolant pump and work light as standard equipment. The Fagor Control is an available option. A really nice machine. I am using an optional Dorian Quadra Indexable tool Post and an optional 6 jaw scroll chuck. A Programable 4 position tool post is an available option. I attended a Sandvic Presentation at Ganesh Machinery in Chastsworth, CA. last week, bought the machine while I was there after talking to The Owner,Mr. Singh his son Harvinder, the President and his Daughter Preeti. Very Honest, and Friendly Family and the Service Tech, Jorge took the time to show me the features of the machine under power. I just sold my 2007 Hwacheon HI-TEC 200A as I am down sizing my garage machine shop. I looked at the available new CNC/Manual engine Lathes and the Ganesh GT-1628 was just what I needed to replace my 1640 engine lathe and still have a CNC lathe available in the same foot print of the old engine lathe. I am going to sell my 1640 engine lathe and my 1994 Fadal VMC15 with the 4th axis Fadal head. I live in L.A. area if anyone is interested in machines.