586,693 active members*
2,778 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help - Anilam 1400 controller freezing on me

Ok, first things first. I am a complete noob when it comes to mills and stuff. I'm a computer guy personally but I can't figure this out. This is my uncle's Anilam Eagle Mill - 750 w/ Anilam 1400 controller.

He just got it a few months ago and we have been sorting out the problems. At first when he would be messing with it and go to Edit a program, it would freeze and he would need to restart the machine completely. So we switched out the computers and it seemed to disappear, but it didn't completely. Now it will RANDOMLY lock up on him when he goes to edit a program.

I am almost positive it isn't heat related because there is plenty of ventilation in the cabinet and it doesn't happen after a certain amount of time running, it's always random.

It will only happen once he goes to edit a program that he is running, but like I said it doesn't always happen and there isn't a set sequence that sets it off. So it doesn't appear to be software related.

Could it be the motion control boards or something?

Thanks for all of the help and if this is in the wrong section please direct me to the proper one. There are way too many subforums and it confuses the crap out of me. Haha

Also he had another quick question. He said that the continuous cutter path code (G64) should execute on this controller but it doesn't. Nothing happens when he enters it. Any hints as to why?

Thanks again!

Can anyone help us?

pchangover

I have a question did you change out the original computer? If so what did you use to replace it with. The anilam control that I have uses a 486 style computer that is easy to confuse. Then it will just lock-up or send out a error message that is completely unrelated to what I'm trying to do. If I play by it's rules it works great.

Yes we changed out the computer. I believe it's a 486 as well. I would need to double check but I am pretty sure. With the old computer it would lock up every time he went to edit a program, now it does the same thing except not every time... only some of the times.

Is there anyway to put a new computer in, one that is actually modern? Like can I buy new control cards that are PCI compatible and not ISA? And would it communicate properly with the rest of the machine?

Thanks!

I remember reading a post a couple of years back about someone who had changed out an anilam control with a newer computer. He said, "with a lot of luck" or something to that extent. However, before you try it you would need a DOS partition on the hard drive with the software and settings. I was hoping YOU had already changed the computer then I could ask some questions.

I do wish you luck. I'm not a computer person so not much help from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbit View Post
    I remember reading a post a couple of years back about someone who had changed out an anilam control with a newer computer. He said, "with a lot of luck" or something to that extent. However, before you try it you would need a DOS partition on the hard drive with the software and settings. I was hoping YOU had already changed the computer then I could ask some questions.

I do wish you luck. I'm not a computer person so not much help from me.
    Well I did change the computer, but it was with another older computer with ISA slots and everything. It already had the software copied to the drive.

Hey guys I have months looking for people with an Anilam 1400 Control, I have a Milling machine in perfect conditions with this control, the only problem is that the Old PC hard drive is broken and as you know is impossible to make it work, is there any way that you can provide me a copy of your software?

I'm a young teacher at a technical school in mexico, we don't have the funds to buy it from the original manufacturers so the machine has years in the dust, I'm eager to make it work, please your help would be awesome for my students.

Quote Originally Posted by estebansi View Post
    Hey guys I have months looking for people with an Anilam 1400 Control, I have a Milling machine in perfect conditions with this control, the only problem is that the Old PC hard drive is broken and as you know is impossible to make it work, is there any way that you can provide me a copy of your software?

I'm a young teacher at a technical school in mexico, we don't have the funds to buy it from the original manufacturers so the machine has years in the dust, I'm eager to make it work, please your help would be awesome for my students.
    I know this is an old post but I have the same problem. I need a copy of S/W version 6.22A. Anilam don't have it..obselete now..Any chance you can help me?