586,363 active members*
3,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

kia post for MasterCam

After being in management for years I am programming again. This company has Kia Machine centers. I have modified a Haas post from MasterCam that works ok. I wandered if anyone knew of a good post for MC ver 9. for Kia's.
    The local sales rep is great at selling, just not to good following up with support.
    I am trying to learn MasterCam X2, what a shame to take good software and completely revamp it into the mess that X2 is.

Pardon me about the post for Kia's machines. I have developed many great post over the years. I started in MC ver4. I guess I just wanted to get some input from anyone that has modified a post for Kia machines. I have a Kia 500 (w/40x20) machine with fanuc controls and kia's small turntable machine. Called a Kia 25. My post that I have modified for the 500 works great. In the kia 25 it alarms on the G41 line with the D comp and x,y values. I have many years in hard programming and can get through some of the tough Seimens language. This little glitch has me baffled. I am not beyond saying it is a parameter in the machine. I did not mean to offend anyone and have always shared my post if needed. Just not to the machine shop down the street.

what is the model of the controller. Can you give some details. The controller is really more important than the machine when it comes to posts. Don't get me wrong you need to know what the machine does but the controller has the biggest impact. We may be able to help you out but you may want to contact siemmens directly and as a application engineer. They will help the most.

If you have the manuals I will sudgest posting the error number and error definition that is in the manual. Someone with experience with this issue might ring a bell with the error you are getting.

In my experience with issues like this I would say try to fix the program by hand 1st and get it working on the machine. Once you have a working program then you can adjust the post to output that way. It saves time in trouble shooting.

HTH
    AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?