586,659 active members*
3,749 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > Rhino3d 3c service pack

Rhino3d 3c service pack

Im looking for a copy of the 3c Service Pack.

Does anyone have access to this? I have a computer here with Rhino3d on but it crashes constantly, Im not sure if this is a legal copy but it is installed on a University computer but my colleges do not know anything about it or who bought it etc.

I want to know if the service pack will fix the problems so I can think about buying more copies to run on some newer machine.

Cheers,
    Tom

Everything you need is right here.
    http://www.rhino3d.com/
    In three years I have not found a more stable program, if it crashes, its not the program.
    Gary

Got the service pack, still crashed so I put it on a new machine and it works perfectly.

Ive done some drawings but have a few questions..Ill put those in another thread.

Cheers,
    Tom

What graphics card are you running on the machine that crashes?

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It an old ATI, rage I think.

Anyways it all sorted out, Ive moved the installation to a new machine where it performs well...my only issue now is that rendering time is very slow.

Im running a matrox g550, on an AMD 2700XP with 1.5gb ram. Its a reasonably fast machine so Im assuming its my gfx card that could do with an upgrade, perhaps to a proper 3dfx card...any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Tom

The old ATI card was most likely the problem with the other system. Swap that card for a modern Nvidia and it should run fine. I would reinstall Rhino again, or else you need to go ito the registry and make sure Rhino sees the new card. If you go that route, let me know, and I will direct you what to change.

As for rendering speed, that has nothing to do with the video card. That is purely a product of the processor and ram. I would guess that if you are having long render times, you have gone into the options and changed the mesh
    settings to "smooth and slower". I would suggest that you select custom, and change everything to "0" except "maximum distance, edge to surface". Set this to .1 and lower this value if you need better results (try .05 then .01 etc.). This should speed up the renderings.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)