586,432 active members*
4,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Oxy Fuel Help

Hey guys I have a question that I'm having a hard time finding any information on. We're running a job on our Torchmate table using the oxy fuel torch in 1.5 inch A36 mild steel. Only problem is I've not done much oxy fuel work (this is my second time) and I'm trying to find a list of settings for CNC oxy fuel. Can anyone point me in the right direction for speeds and gas settings etc?

Which torch outfit do you have? Victor has excellent cutting pressure/speed charts that we use. Harris off the top of my head, I don't recall, but you might be able to check their websites for these charts.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

It's a Harris torch. Not sure beyond that though. Do you have links to the charts for cutting settings? Also does anyone have any suggestions about piercing with the oxy fuel torch?

I don't know if these speeads are universal across all torches, I imagine they are similar. A quick google search gave me this cutting speed chart, which pretty much matches the victor charts.

http://www.hoopersupply.com/tipchart.html
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Gawker View Post
    Hey guys I have a question that I'm having a hard time finding any information on. We're running a job on our Torchmate table using the oxy fuel torch in 1.5 inch A36 mild steel. Only problem is I've not done much oxy fuel work (this is my second time) and I'm trying to find a list of settings for CNC oxy fuel. Can anyone point me in the right direction for speeds and gas settings etc?
    If you use your Torchmate for Oxy-Fuel cutting, you can also use our Capacitive Height Sensor CAP01. Please visit www.agelkom.com.tr.